55G Journal (56K Warning) Update: 2/11/2008 - TANK HAS BEEN FILLED - Page 3 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Planted Member

nice growth! Is the plastic guard going to come out at all?

Currently resetting...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasetsu View Post
Love the 'scape...but I have to ask, what's up with that background?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishscale View Post
Oh yeah, I am for sure going to change the background. Maybe paint a piece of foam board or something. I like my ghetto IKEA curtains, but not as a tank background
I think I am going to get a piece of posterboard and give it a nice gray-black coat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscuitSlayer View Post
LMAO! Nice! Its funny how you can mention a smell on a message board and it instantly went through my mind almost as if I had experienced it myself.

On another note, your HC is looking great! It has filled in that much in 9 - 10days?

What kind of photoperiod are you running for the emersed growth?
It wasn't just 9-10 days, it took a long time. Initial planting on the hill was in November, and it still hasn't filled in that well. Hills are hard to do, and even harder to have them stay down, I found out unfortunately last night. When you fill the tank, the air bubbles have a tendency to lift the HC off the substrate. I lost a couple of chunks, so now they're just being held down. I'll rescape the hill later, but that annoyed the hell out of me. The part that filled in really nicely was only planted at the end of December, though. I ran a 17 hour photoperiod Tough on the electric bill, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpodolan View Post
Great progress, man. I'm glad to see you were able to stay patient enough to wait until it filled in so well. Can't wait to see this one progress. What are your stocking plans?
I trying to get rid of my 2 10g's and replacing them with a 20L, so I want to put the 9 diamond tetras I have in one of them (Yes, I know, it's over stocked, but I started with 4, and then they had babies.) into the 50g. I'm also going with a large school of cardinals, a smaller school of rummies, and 2 apistogramma cacatuoides. For cleanup, I am going to move the otos from my shrimp tank and get a small school of cories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_Machine View Post
nice growth! Is the plastic guard going to come out at all?
The plastic guard will come out when the HC adjusts to the submersed growth and roots a little better.

Eheim Pimp #254, Eheim Wolverine #1

55 Gallon Work in progress
10 Gallon Shrimp Tank
10 Gallon Planted QT
20 Gallon Shrimp Tank (Work in progress)

post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 04:50 AM
Planted Member

That is crazy how similar they look. You're hc growth is awesome hopefully mine will fill out the same way.
post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Booo. I see diatoms starting to form. Going to home depot today for a wrench to set up my CO2. I hate my landlord even more now, for not letting me borrow a wrench. It's right there in the maintenance closet I can seeeeee ittttt....

P.S. If any of you ever move to Ann Arbor, avoid Gallatin Realty at all costs. If actually seeing the apartments didn't drive you off already, you should run before my landlord and his terrible toupee try to steal your security deposit.

10 Gallon Shrimp Tank
10 Gallon Planted QT

post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 01:47 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to moogoo
I hope my HC fills out as nice as yours has. My HC is a long way from being thick and lush, but I can see it growing low and spreading out slowly. So, I've got my fingers crossed.

Sucks you had to go out and buy a wrench. No friends had any? Use that fish muscle in your avatar and do it barehanded..

post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 12:36 AM
Algae Grower

nice looking greens you have going there fishscale!
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Algae Grower

Send a message via MSN to Gezza
The pictures are great and show a steady progression of growth from start to fill time. I look foreward to seeing more pictures of your tank in the future, it's got me interested!

X~xGezx~X
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 11:43 PM
Planted Member

Update please!

Eheim Pimp #315 (2213)
My Tank Photos

post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Sorry guys, this tank is long gone. I tore it up in August and sold the tank, no room for big ones anymore. But, fear not, I will be putting up my 20g long journal soon. Started it the same way.

10 Gallon Shrimp Tank
10 Gallon Planted QT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode