Here's an update for this tank. I ripped out all of the val. nana, as it got all BBA infested when I had a CO2 problem. I replaced it with some didiplis diandra, which is still very short, so you can't even really see it yet. I added a few small pieces of narrow leaf java to the manzanita, and threw in a couple stems of hygro angustifolia that I received as an extra with a plant order (I didn't really have anywhere else to put it yet, so for now it's in here). I have started spot treating the BBA with excel to kill it off before I remove it. My CO2 levels are back in order, so that should take care of it. Sorry about the ugly powerhead in the front. I just added it to increase circulation while I try to get rid of the BBA. As always criticize away!
Here's a quick shot of this tank now. Excuse the dirty glass and general messiness of the tank. I recently got things (flow, co2, ferts) back in order and just moved some things around. I am also growing out some rotala nanjenshan on the left side (from a few small stems). I just trimmed the fern way back, so it is just now growing back in. I still need to re-arrange the stones, so they will be more visible, and I need to clean those pipes of some leftover (but luckily dead) algae.