The Planted Tank Forum banner

-Forest Grove ADA 60-P & 45-F

13K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  ConfidentBlue 
#1 · (Edited)
6/25/14 Update
Recent FTS pg. 2

12/21/13
Yes, yes I know another 60-P. I swear they are breeding like rabbits right now, but this is my third go at it. I plan to fill it sometime during the winter holidays.

I made a time lapse of scaping and planting.
http://flickr.com/gp/88982463@N05/p58i94

And here it is one week later

Tech Specs:
Filter: SunSun 302
Heater: Hydor 200w Inline heater
Light: Nova Extreme 2x24w SLR T-5
CO2: Pressurized CO2/Cerge's/purigen reactor
Stand: DIY

Flora/Hardscape
Glossostigma elatinoides
Hemianthus glomertus
Rotala sp. ‘Green’
Rotala rotundifolia
Rotala nanjenshan
Manzanita
River stone

Soon...
Trident Java Fern
Crypt parva
Fissidens (mini?)
Pellia (mini?)
Willow moss

Fauna
Ember Tetras
German Blue Ram
Oto
Amano Shrimp

See less See more
#3 ·
Not much of an update for the 60p but I got a 45f. I want to do a low maintenance iwagumi and have it in my built in cabinet. It will probably be a few months before I do anything with it, but I have the light, filter, heater, and plants already. We will need to modify the cabinet a bit to fit it. I am also thinking to have it be shrimp only, no CO2 and hopefully a lot less work than the 60P.

#21 ·
Very lovely scape, great colors to catch the eye! I did not see this in your first post so pardon if I missed it, what is you substrate?

#24 ·
3/30/14
I had an algae outbreak which the tank has almost recovered from. Once the plants reach the top again I'll trim to try to encourage them to be more bushy, and trim the glosso again. I have already done this once, so they have grown about 6" since then. I also received my trident fern, mini fissidens, mini pellia, and I threw in some rotala butterfly mini and staurogyne repens to grow out before I put put them in my emersed tubs.

Now the only improvement I want beside good growth is for the rotala rotundfolia to turn orange again.

Pearling!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.