Just got back from the holiday and its now time for me to get back to this boy. Here are the pictures of the subtratre and hard scape with equipments. Im debating on the foreground plants, either glossostigma or stargrass.
Finally got time to continue setting up this tank. I had the glossostigma and ludwigia red in for so called short period of dsm. Some of the ludwigia reds were metling badly but they will soon come back. Filled in the water and some plants today!
Sorry for the tiny bubbles :d. Here little top and bottom front views
I will be adding my old diy co2 from the 55 gal to this tank since i already have the 55 a pressured system.
Looks awesome! It'll be great once the plants grow more. I would definitely add some more neons, and more flame tetras. Both fish will be happier with schools of about 6 or more. Do watch out that the angels don't see the tetras as snacks though! Good luck.
- took out two of the angel and had them in the 55. I figured one is really being aggressived to those two but did not touch the 4th one. And it turned out they are really a pair
- found eggs today! Though, i dont know how im going to do water change this weekend as they have laid the eggs almost all the way to the top of the surface on that filter intake.
- The tank is now running 2x 2 litter bottle yeast co2 instead of 1. Change one every 2 - 3 week.
- Had diatoms problem but now it's all gone ( after 2 weekly maintenance)
- Reduced the dose of NPK and Trace on this tank since i think i found the balance of this tank. Dosing 5 ml of my 500ml bottle npk and trace on this. The solution is mixed for the 55 gallon with the dose of 25ml a time.
- Removed the L. red sp as it is going to turn green in this tank. Move the ludwigia narrow leaf to the left corner.
- Decided to give up on glossostigma carpet on this tank as it grows super slow and the stargrass is outgrowing.
-Before trimmed ( did trim and re plant some top of stargrass before this pic though)
I did not watch closely but i can guess 2 reasons.
- Water is too hard so that the eggs cant be hatched. The parent cleaned them after 2 days or so.
- The male does not know how to fertilize as its his first time. Then they cleaned them up.
one more week till 2 month old for this tank update!
- Added 4 "idontknowthename" small pleco in the tank
- Added a led strip at the back of the tank.
- Added a slate rock so the angels will stop pocking at the intake.
- Myrio and camboba had been hacked down hard last week but now here they are today again. Plants overall are healthy. Hopefully to see some other plants show up in the scape soon such as the val/hydrocate japan/dwarf sag as they are all still in the tank and growing slowly.
Here are few pictures that i'm messing with a canon, first time using it! Things are too complicated.