40b Journal.... new pics 2-26-13.... HC gone! - Page 3 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 90 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

update

completely unhappy with the background.. gonna do some reworking sometime soon... someone just had to have some pantanal so hes got most of them now... im pulling those anyway

the foreground im okay with besides i may switch the Hc cuba out with something else i have growing out

im also very pissed about this wood haha... its still not wanting to stay put.. im probably going to have to pull everything out and drill some slate to the bottom of it... i was hoping to get rid of the rock thats holding down the wood but that isnt happening yet

any input on the background would be helpful..even suggestions for other stem plants to use

Last edited by sjb1987; 01-07-2014 at 08:28 PM. Reason: edit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 90 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 09:35 PM
Wannabe Guru

Tank is growing in really nice man. Everything looks like its growing well in the pics. I see what you mean though with the background. I feel like the True Rotala Indicia (Ammania bonsai) and the stem in front of it should be swapped. It looks like its hiding in the back. I could definitely see maybe a little more thickening of the back two corners, but overall everything is looking really sweet. I really like the sweeping rows you got going.
post #33 of 90 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

thanks josh

heres one scenario

1. L. Sp. Red
2. Syn. Belem
3. R. Mini Butterfly
4. R. Mex Araguaia
5. ?
6. R. Ramasoir 'Florida' (would take an awful lot)

another thought i had was to move the Downoi to row 6 then fill the whole row with L.Sp Red where the downoi is now...then use Pantanal in slot 1.. Slot 5 needs to be something green
post #34 of 90 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 11:13 AM
h4n
Planted Tank Guru

I like the new plant arrangement Sean

I dont think you want L. red where the downoi is now. It would block the mini butterfly behind it no?

what plant is the plant to the right? the single green one.

And the other foreground above the HC?
post #35 of 90 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 11:30 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Man looking really nice! Great color on those plants.

You are using to 10K's right?
post #36 of 90 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4n View Post
I like the new plant arrangement Sean

I dont think you want L. red where the downoi is now. It would block the mini butterfly behind it no?

what plant is the plant to the right? the single green one.

And the other foreground above the HC?

I would just have to keep the l.sp red short..top it and replant it

Theres a stem of sphaerocarpa and a stem of erio setaceum... im just seeing how they grow in this tank...same with the alternanthera variegated

That other foreground is r. Mex. Goias.. I had just trimmed...ive been trimming it pretty aggressive. .hoping to bring the red out more on it

Hey texan
Im using the Dutch model
post #37 of 90 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 10:09 AM
h4n
Planted Tank Guru

I see!!
post #38 of 90 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 04:26 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb1987 View Post
thanks josh

heres one scenario

1. L. Sp. Red
2. Syn. Belem
3. R. Mini Butterfly
4. R. Mex Araguaia
5. ?
6. R. Ramasoir 'Florida' (would take an awful lot)

another thought i had was to move the Downoi to row 6 then fill the whole row with L.Sp Red where the downoi is now...then use Pantanal in slot 1.. Slot 5 needs to be something green
What is the full name of the plant number 6? i tried to google it and did not get any infor beside your tank link. How your experience with the syn belem ? does it require a soft water to grow and what it growth rate?
post #39 of 90 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 04:42 PM
Wannabe Guru

I believe it is rotala sunset florida

My Most Unimaginative Tank on Plantedtank > http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...082&highlight=

My Hens and Chicks Plants > http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...722&highlight=

post #40 of 90 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

did some changing around a couple weeks ago..just been waiting on it to fill in some before i did any pics... still not filled in

the wood still has not sunk but i did some riggin so i could remove the rocks

right now i dont know if i wanna keep syngonanthus belem.... i probably am giving it too much room and need to thin it out...i would like to use something else but lacking ideas

behind the L. sp red i planted R. Vietnam.. its trimmed down about an inch away from the substrate right now...

gratiola viscidula in front of the R. Mini Butterfly....its got a ways to go before filled in

R. Mex Araguaia in the right back corner...trimmed low right now

R. Mac Variegated on the right where i had Bacopa sp Japan

I have some L. Sphaerocarpa in the middle in front of the G. Viscidula...if i cant get it to color up much its not staying...it was shaded in another tank and i just planted it yesterday so time will tell.. if they do well ill grow out about 4 or 5 more stems and fill in

still have some slots to fill.. i think i want a Buce Browni Ghost patch in the center where the single one is now... may have to gather some of those up soon

decided to use s. repens in behind the HC..S. repens have always been a favorite of mine.. plus i needed something a little taller between the foreground and background so its not such a big step up

got some little card tetras for the baby.. i dont care to have fish but its entertaining for other people who dont give a damn for plants .. need to pick up 14 more of those little guys

Last edited by sjb1987; 01-27-2014 at 07:02 PM. Reason: e
post #41 of 90 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 07:20 PM
Algae Grower

That's looking awesome. The variety of colour is stunning!
post #42 of 90 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 07:27 PM
Algae Grower

Holyyy, beautiful arrangement
post #43 of 90 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 10:44 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

That's a super clean mowed HC . The whole arrangement looks great but i just feel like the blood vomit need more attention, may be somewhere near the HC so it's color will pop or till when the Hc get there.
post #44 of 90 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 11:16 PM
Algae Grower

Your red plants look amazing! Are you still using the lights from buildmyled.com? I wonder what the difference is between those and the finnex LEDs. A lot of people with the finnex LEDs say their red plants turn green. I see your lights are 6300k vs the 7000k on the finnex and they also have very high par (80+). Again, great looking plants! Subscribed
post #45 of 90 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetvi View Post
That's a super clean mowed HC . The whole arrangement looks great but i just feel like the blood vomit need more attention, may be somewhere near the HC so it's color will pop or till when the Hc get there.

Yea I agree....I hate having one of my favorite plants in the corner but I dont know how to use it anywhere else and look right

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode