The Planted Tank Forum banner

Bristlenose pleco eggs

8K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Wingsdlc 
#1 ·
My bristlenose finally laid eggs again the other week. I then had to take a small trip so I was unable to pull the fry before they were eaten. Then I found the female dead yesterday!

These shots were a little tricky to get, I couldnt get the flash right above, but the effect is kinda cool

Just laid

Few days old

Eggs

See less See more
#3 ·
Those are spectacular shots! Sorry you lost your female, though. I'm assuming you have these in a tank of their own? I removed my eggs from a community tank. The fry lasted a few weeks but then I lost all of them, so now I'm trying to trigger them again without much success. I think I should have taken dad with them. I hope these all make it for you!
Can I ask what type of camera you used for these photos? I can't get over the clarity.

#9 ·
that first shot would have won the photo contest. Nice shots bigstick.

#12 ·
Wow that is some really cool photo work.

The BN in our planted discus tank at work have been spawning quite often the past few months. It looks like a few might make it. Ours are spawning in a cave so all we can see is daddies tail sticking out of the cave.

I just got a female for my male so I might get some BN action going on in one of my tanks. I sure hope I do. Baby plecos are pretty neat!

Once again, really nice photo work and sorry to hear that they didn't make it.

#14 ·
I must say, it would be pretty sweet to see your pictures in a mag.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.