After 10+ years with a 3-foot 50 gallon tank, the wife and I decided to "upgrade" to a 4-foot 60 gallon tank. We recycled some of the equipments from the old tank (such as CO2 regulator, substrate, heater, etc). We are still cycling the tank without many fishes. Below is the tank as of today. The "7-Up" look is actually from the pearling oxygen instead of CO2.
- 60G 48"x15"x18"
- Matching stand and canopy.
- Substrate is recycled from previous tank (plus some new Seachem Flourite Plant Substrate).
- 2 x 18" MakersLED heat sinks
- 30 Cree XM-E White total (24 cool + 6 warm)
- 2 x MakersLED Driver
- 1 x MakersLED Controller
- 180W DC power supply
Filtration & Misc.
- Eheim Professional 3 (2073)
- 10 lb CO2 tank w/ regulator (recycled from previous setup)
- ISTA CO2 Reactor Large
- Narrow leaf chain sword
- Micro sword
- Dwarf Baby Tears
- Various Cabomba
- Various Ludwigia
- Various Rotala
- And a bunch of unknown stem plants.
Here are some more pictures:
Left side with some logs and petrified wood.
MakersLED (two 18" heat sinks)
CO2 tank+Regulator, Eheim 2073, and ISTA CO2 Reactor (hiding behind Eheim):
The plants have been growing nicely. Had some hair algae problem about one week into cycling. However, our old Siamese Algae Eater, Red Cherry Shrimps, and Otos took care of them.
Here is how the tank looked about 10 days ago.