After fighting some bga. I ended up doing major rehaul. Unfortunately they rehaul was poorly planned and I did it right before restocking my plant with a large amount of fauna.
20+ green neon juve tetras (that actually looked like cardinals)
7 Pygmy cories
4 Amano shrimp
4 pumpkin shrimp
Over the next two says all of the tetras ended up dying. 4 cories dead. 1 Amano. And one jumper oto.
Pics of the survivors.
Is this a female??
Tank seems to be stable now.
Also order some rotala from cardinal keeper. It was a lot! Ended up giving it out locally.
Rotala needs to beef up and grow.
I lowered my light again in hopes of letting the rotala soak nutrients and fight off anymore algae. The cleaning crew had been keeping the tank tidy.
Might try dosing again.
Will need to put new root tabs in for the root feeders.
I wondered why my micro swords never carpeted. Turns out the clumps I planted them in were too thick and the runners had no where to go.
Replanted all the Dhg and micro swords in small clumps.
Special thanks to projectsp for helping out fixing my car this week. It was a nightmare and the repair $ was deep. He helped ease the sting a bit hah.
Bought two new toys since they were on sale.
Toms substrate vacuum and siphon. Works great the 20 minutes I got to play with it today. Per recommendation of a thread on here.
Will be getting a longer hose to plumb right into my sink now!
And at koralia nano which I will be using for more flow. On a wave maker setting on my reef keeper. Will schedule it to turn on when the lights and co2 turn off to aerate the water.
I'm hoping my SS lilies come soon. Not holding my breath..