The Planted Tank Forum banner

Seiryu 45-P

7K views 52 replies 16 participants last post by  davidj12 
#1 ·
I'm on to a new tank. Had to break down the 75-P because I moved and don't have enough room in the new place for a tank that big.

Equipment:
45-P
ADA Aquasky LED
DIY stand (this is linked to the 75-P stand but they are all built the same way for the most part)
WeMo timer X2
GLA CO2 regulator
5LB CO2 Bottle
Gulfstream Max Mix reactor medium
Eheim Classic 250 (2213)
Lily Pipe Mini
Archaea Mini Aquarium Heater 50W

Hardscape:
Seiryu Stone
Aqua Soil Amazonia

Flora:
TBD

Fauna:
Boraras brigittae (Chili Rasbora)
Cherry Shrimp
Amano Shrimp
OTO

See less See more
#7 ·
Quick update, ordered some plants from the green machine in the UK. It was a little expensive but I'm able to try some Tropica 1-2-Grow Tissue Culture plants!

Hope to ge the plants this weekend but we shall see.

2 x Tropica 1-2-Grow Staurogyne repens

3 x Tropica 1-2-Grow Utricularia Graminifolia

1 x Tropica 1-2-Grow Rotala macrandra

#11 ·
It took 4 days. The plants are in great shape. If you do decide to do it, don't over estimate. You get so much more plant mass in a TC pot than in a standard rockwool pot. I have an extra UG and an extra #45 (SR) pot left. This happened to me the last time I did TC plants.

Is that legal? This looks awesome, good luck!
Thanks!

From what I understand if the plant is TC it is able to be imported legally. So far I have had 2 shipments of TC plants and both have made it with no issues. (I'm not a lawyer and this is not legal advice)

#16 ·
Everything is starting to change. Ug is getting greener, rotala is starting to grow out.

Something I found interesting from my two experiences with tc plants is the stem plants look a little funny when they arrive (a giant ball of shriveled leaves) but start growing healthy in almost no time.

I have two extra pots of tc plants. One sr and one ug. I'm thinking I might try my hand at an emersed setup.

Plant Felidae Terrestrial plant Carnivore Grass
Plant community Plant Green Terrestrial plant Evergreen
Water Plant Water resources Light Liquid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#20 ·
Wow nice! You're getting some quick growth there with the UG. Definitely faster than mine.

As for your floating problem, what are you using to plant it? I found if I didnt use the super thin pincettes it became hard to keep everything down while planting. If you are already using it, maybe break up the floating clump and plant a smaller bunch so you dont have to plant so close to another clump? Then just wait for it to fill in. Once it gets established it will send runners everywhere.

#26 ·
Thanks! I totally agree. The rotala was purchases on a whim. Tropica had it available and I had never tried my hand at a red plant, wanted to see if the aquasky could keep it red. More of an experiment than anything else.

Want to have something peaking out from behind the rock though. I was thinking blyxa, not sure.

#28 ·
Just did a small trim. Ug is growing like crazy but not really rooting too well. The small plugs I planted are now huge but I don't see too many runners or even a decent root system.

I'm getting a some thread algae but I'm a little worried to add amano shrimp because they might disturb the ug.

SR is growing like crazy and it's filled in already for the most part. Growing quite low and compact too. No trim on that yet.

Water Plant Botany Nature Organism

#33 ·
Thanks! When the ug plugs were getting started some of them dislodged from the soil and started to float so I just jammed one in the crack of the rock as an experiment.

I agree about the sr. I've never had such good success with it as the first time I used it I did not have enough light to keep it compact. With the aquasky it's slammed straight to the soil! Funny I was thinking if the ug failed I might just go straight sr.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.