Hey guys, is is my first journal here haha. I like how everyone posts the progress on there tanks, even if it takes weeks and months for a final product to be seen its a great stepping stone for newbies such as myself. I decided to re scape my spec today because I had some free time, and I just received some dragon stone from Dave. Needless to say the rock is amazing and I may order some more later down the road (wheels turning in head for 55g)
I do have to say though that the hardest part of this scape and making it happen is the lack of space to really do anything or space for hard scape placement, but I managed and I think idid quite well for my second scape ever. Next is my 55 if anyone could help me out my thread for that is under aquascapes.
What I did here was try to incorporate something from my childhood. My best friend growing up in Fremont ca and his family owned the hills to the right of the niles sign for white some time and they had a farm. On our way to school there was a tree on a hill all by its lonesome, we called it the lonely tree, reason being is that the ground around the tree was pure rock and couldn't grow anything else. So here is the lonely tree guys!
Plants; not to sure of the background plant please help I'd.
Viel tail dumbo beta
Olive spot nerite
So what I did first was remove all my old scape and plants. Removed my live stock, and then half the water to make it easier to work with.
My next thing was placing the rocks in the right position to create the sloping effect and the hill itself, this wasn't to hard being a small scale I was working with. The hard part was deciding which rocks would suit the hill the best(sorry for the cloudiness)
The final steps were fairly straight forward, water log the tree (mopani I got from a Lfs) wedge the fissidens between the rocks so the grow the contour of the hill, plant my tree
..... And attach the willow moss to the little branch.
After all of this was done I finally planted the remaining plants and replaced my fauna and waited for the tank to clear up, I also put some more left over flora max I had been saving over the hill surface and in the back by the tree to sort of blend the rocks together. And my final product
"the lonely tree