End of the road for this tank, for a bit guys..
Had an apartment fire Friday (while no one was home) due to a faulty circuit or something in the kitchen wall. The sprinklers and fire department managed to contain the fire in the kitchen and rescue my dog, THANK GOD. I arrived on scene to an utter disaster. Water flooded the apartment, black smelly soot EVERYWHERE! I lost a lot of personal belongings. Sucks!
The 2g Pico cube was totaled. The 60P looked okay but I guess the fire fighter must have knocked a fixture into the tank when they threw a tarp over it. All the fish in there were dead... I'm assuming via electrocution. The other tanks (60F and GLA 6g) survived. Had to leave the 60P for the insurance adjuster. I can possibly salvage it after Monday because it "looks" unscathed. Hopefully there's no damage from heat, with relatively close proximity to the kitchen. Worried somewhat about silicone warping or something?
Basically can't touch kitchen and living room stuff. So I took the plants out of 60p (destroyed my scape in the process) and moved the rest of my tanks to our new unit on the other side of the apartment community. Destroyed those scapes too by removing the heavy layout stones in order to move the tanks more safely.
What a mess! I've been scrabbling to RE-set up the 60F and GLA 6g as temporary holding tanks. Might set up another 10g I had in the garage, if need be. Most of the plants look good, just need to re-set these tanks up with lights, filter, and co2 tonight to keep them on life support!
I saved 2 scarlet badis, although they don't look too good. Saved 2 CPDs and my betta. 11 neons, 5 embers, 3 otos, and 4 pygmy corys all died
Here's some horror pictures:
Apartment from local news helicopter.
To be continued...