Don't know who is putting out those numbers. Recommended for what? I'm keeping CRS for about a month now in gH close to 18. Due to my mistake in dosage and one expired gH test.
They're doing fine. It's hard to count them all but they grew a lot since I got them. Don't know if they will breed in such high hardness but they surely live quite happily.
I'm slowly lowering hardness now.
I'm using off the shelf stuff to remineralize since there's no LFS selling shrimp products in my country. I'm not comfortable to order products over the internet just to put some labeled epsom salt + gypsum mix in the water. I don't do many pictures with the cans and bags of products I buy
One really good product that's worth the money and shrimp go nuts over it is cyclop eeze. Get that stuff! It's the only stuff I managed to find in an LFS, way overdue it's warranty. Still works
My "remineralizer" recipe is as follows:
- 1 part epsom salt = Mg
- 2 parts gypsum (CaSO4) = Ca
- 1 part dehumidifier refill (CaCl) = Ca
- 1 part JBL Aquadur (it's a hardness corrector for cichlids) = Mg+Ca+Trace (optional)
- 1 part montmorillonite (green clay) = Trace
- 1 part blue clay (local product sold in naturist shop as purifying clay (snake oil)) = Trace
1 part could be a tea spoon or a bucket. Although I use a small dosing spoon from the SW food. It's really small.
That's about it.