Nero's Redivivus Legend - 3g Betta Tank (Hardscape decision help pg.2) - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 04:59 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Whoo hoo!!!
Now we need More pics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-17-2013, 04:17 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to I<3<*))))><
Thanks Primo! Nero is warming up to me, and his colors are looking amazing! I couldn't be any happier with the guy. Smitten, heh... He has even started a tiny bubble nest (see pics below).

Thats so nice you were able to get so much from it, wow! I do hope it does well for ya. Bet its lovely! Seriously one of my favorite plants so far.

Me either!! I am waiting on a few more plants n such to arrive for his tank, then im going to add them, pick his wood. (still havent taken pics of em, Ill try & remember to tomorrow. Id love feedback.) attach some moss and nana petite to the chosen wood, then do another test to be sure it fully cycled! If all goes well and as planned Im expecting to be able to put Nero in the picotope by this weekend. *fingers crossed*

More pics CheyLillymama22??? Ok, if you insist
I'm getting a little better, I hope, with taking pics of him. Im sure itll be easier in his own tank, with a prettier backdrop, much better lighting and all. The breeder box isn't really ideal. Or is my camera phone... but yeah, lol

Here are 3 decent ones I got. His blue streaks in his finnage are coming through amazingly. Didnt capture them to their full beauty, but hopefully you can get the idea from these shots.
He also gets the faintest of deep blue sheen on his body when in certain twist & turns. He is soooo handsome..

Stephanie - RAOK Club #130
FINNEX CLUB MEMBER!
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-17-2013, 05:34 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Ooohhh he really is a lovely boy!
Im so jealous, I wish I had room for another male. I have my sorority tank though. girls are just as pretty.
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-17-2013, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thank you Chey *blushes*

The girls are very pretty. I want to read up more of keeping a sorotity of ladies. That might be my next tank after this is all set up... Hmmm.

I seen a few that seriously tempted me. One was a solid white elephant eared female... wow. She was heavenly.

FINNEX CLUB MEMBER!
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-17-2013, 11:48 AM
Planted Tank Guru

That's a beautiful betta!

110g Tropical Community & Sakura Shrimp
55g BN Breeding Grounds, Peacock Gudgeons, Panda, Pygmies, & Smudge Spot Cories, Rili Shrimp
10g RCS and show guppies

MIAPG - Come join us - Plantedtank - MI - Greatlakesaquaria
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-17-2013, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

GMYukonon24s, Thanks so much

Got any journals up for your tanks? I'd love to see 'em epseically your 10g with the show guppies!

FINNEX CLUB MEMBER!
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-17-2013, 10:44 PM
Algae Grower

Nero is so beautiful! He looks so fat and happy I'm so tempted by all the pretty bettas on aquabid, but I don't have tank cover plans, and I'd rather not have a $20-30(minimum!) betta jump out and suicide
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-19-2013, 05:14 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks so much juumou!

They are very tempting... but yeah I can't say I blame you. That would be a pretty rough blow to deal with, dried up dead betta. No fun at all *shakes head*

FINNEX CLUB MEMBER!
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-20-2013, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Okay, my lazy butt finally took pics of the 2 mopani peices I got in last week. I'd love input on which piece you find more interesting.I'll be tying some Peacock moss to the chosen one. The other I'll prolly just hold onto for a future tank.

I'll prolly only be able to use one as the tanks dimensions are 11-3/4" x 8-7/8" x 8", each piece of mopani is about 6-8''. So don't wanna make the mistake I did with my Flora and add too much hardscape.

Anywho, pics...

Mopani #1

Mopani #2

They're both still releasing some tannin, I've been keeping them soaked 24 hours a day for a week plus, changing the water in the 5g bucket 3-4 times a day. Hoping they will be done leaching soon.

FINNEX CLUB MEMBER!
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-20-2013, 08:02 AM
Planted Member

Nero is a dubstep artist/group from London featuring 2 male DJ's and a female vocalist. Check out one of their most popular songs... https://soundcloud.com/nero/promises
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013, 04:56 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Hah neat! I didn't know that. I like dubstep well enough, but their sound is a bit to "club like" for me. Thanks for letting me know though <3

Anyone have any input on the driftwood choices?

FINNEX CLUB MEMBER!
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013, 05:06 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Mopani number 2.

And Promises is my ringtone. Lol
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013, 05:55 AM
Planted Member

I like mopani 2. And your betta is a lucky guy!
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

2 votes for Mopani #2 eh? Hmmm, this is tough you guys. I posted on Instagram as well, for more feedback, and got about even amount of votes for each piece, even a few saying "Use both!"... So I played with the pieces a bit and came up with this.

Putting them together in that fashion gives me an interesting cave-like structure of sorts. It stands solidly on it's own. Forms a ridge.. kinda. Even has a "hole" at the top front where the two meet, and in the back, behind the ridge like part. I cansee myself adding some plants in those areas perhaps.

Yet to put it in the tank, but by eyeballing it Im sure there is room for the two together to fit inside nicely. Plus Ill be arranging the smooth river stones I have around it.

So.... thoughts? Use just once piece, or do you like this?

FINNEX CLUB MEMBER!
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 04:58 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Ive been super lazy about updating my journals... so here are pics of Nero for anyone interested.

He is sooooo chill, hasn't flared AT ALL since Ive had em. So I put em in the community and got a pea puffer to live in the tank that was to be his.

Rack arriving tomorrow, then all tanks will be carefully drained and set up there. So keep an eye out for a whole new journal featuring all 3 of my tanks. Much easier that way

FINNEX CLUB MEMBER!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode