5.5g betta

8K views 55 replies 16 participants last post by  kcoscia 
#1 ·
Here is the beginning of my/my girlfriend's 5.5g betta aquarium

so for specs:
5.5g
Tetra ht 10 50W heater
Hydro Sponge Pro Filter II
tetra whisper air pump for up to 10g (IT IS PRACTICALLY SILENT I AM AMAZED. I didn't think it was even on)

Will have:
eco complete
about 3 wpg
one male betta
maybe snails
plants, plants, plants!

See less See more
#10 · (Edited)
Stocking

the definite stocking for this tank will be one male betta and one oto

are otos okay as singles?

also, i was considering adding an african dwarf frog to the mix.

suggestions, comments, concerns?

(edit: tank is definitely not cycled so these inhabitants will not enter for at minimum a week, since i just added some bacteria. now all it has to do is get to work and multiply)

#12 ·
Ran another set of tests today, everything is looking good. I think the tank is cycled, but I'm going to add more food(ammonia for me) and retest in a day or two! Getting excited.
Also, there are a lot of baby snails and little critters in the water. Not bad with the critters right? Too small to identify

#17 ·
did a peroxide "bath" on the baby anubias since it has some BBA from my main tank. poured h2o2 over it, let it sit for 3ish minutes, rinsed very well and put it back in the tank. there was some bubbling, but the algae didn't look any different. will it by tomorrow? hope so.

#19 ·
just shattered a CFL's by twisting too hard :O oops. good thing it wasn't over the tank.
lesson learned! today will have to be an incandescent day until I get the extra CFL at my house
:iamwithst

also! shrimps are here! shrimps are here!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.