My Aquerium Rack/Collection of Tanks! New Discus are in!!! - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 341 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverShark View Post
Great looking tank rack! I wish I could do something similar and have all my tanks in the same room/area.
Thanks! Yea its really nice because I can just sit in one place and see all my tanks at once. Plus it makes doing water changed a LOT easier lol I just attach the hose to the faucet and drain/fill all the tanks at once. No more lugging jugs of water lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 341 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 02:01 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Heres an update of all my tanks up and running! (PS sorry for the dark photos, didnt notice till after I uploaded everything and by then was to lazy to retake them lol)

First off the 55 gallon with the Current LED+ and Angels! The photos dont do the fixture justice so ill try and make a video later, this photo was taken with the "dusk" setting.

Next up the 20 gallon with the new Cardinal Tetras! Just trimmed the plants again they are growing like crazy under the BuildMyLED fixture, still need to get more Cardinal.

Here is the 10 gallon riparium with the black skirt tetras and peppered corys, its kind of hard to see them under the lighting.

Heres one of the 10 gallons replanted after the tear down to kill the BGA, moved the puffer.

Also heres the other 10 gallon replanted to kill the Clad that had overidden the HC so I replanted with UG.

Heres a update on the 1.5 gallon planted with UG, plan on adding some kind of shrimp.

Heres the second 1.5 gallon, which is chugging along, will also add shrimp soon hopefully.

Lastly heres the 5 gallon tank which I will eventually rescape...for now it looks like a downoi farm lol

Lastly heres a shot of the whole setup!

post #18 of 341 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 04:57 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Well of course when things are going great something bad has to happen. Unfortunately for me it was the worst thing that could happen. I was moving some furniture around and broke my 55 gallon. I am so depressed right now...all the fish are in two tubs right now....will see what I can do tomorrow...*@!&^#*&!^#*!@&#
post #19 of 341 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 05:41 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Ugh the more I think about this the more depressed I get...this was my very first tank and what got me into the hobby...always thought I would have this tank with me for life...I was so attached to it even though it wasnt always easy to work with and was a pita to move with me throughout college and after. I have this tank for about the past 4 years. RIP 55 gallon, you will be missed...will try to find a replacement in the next few days, I hope the fish survive.
post #20 of 341 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 03:36 PM
Planted Member

Sorry for the loss but you can take it as a chance to upgrade maybe to something a little taller?
post #21 of 341 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 04:55 PM
h4n
Planted Tank Guru

sorry to hear!!!

did you bump it?

my 55g is the first tank to...
post #22 of 341 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4n View Post
sorry to hear!!!

did you bump it?

my 55g is the first tank to...
Yea, talking on the phone while doing things is never a good thing even when your not driving apparently. Was talking on the phone and trying to move my glass kitchen table and one of the corners bumped into the fish tank and caused it to crack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycofc1 View Post
Sorry for the loss but you can take it as a chance to upgrade maybe to something a little taller?
Thanks and yea well see, if petco has there $1 per gallon sale right now I will probably just get another 55 gallon because I allready have the stand, but if they dont I might be able to get a 68gallon tank (very weird dimension) from the same club member who I got the angels from.
post #23 of 341 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 08:10 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I saw a 72 gallon on craigslist in the San Fransico bay area listings for 170.00. with stand, if it's still available, close enough and you like it. Wasn't really sure where to look that was closest to you.

So sorry to hear about your tank and hope you get a new one you love soon.
post #24 of 341 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachii View Post
I saw a 72 gallon on craigslist in the San Fransico bay area listings for 170.00. with stand, if it's still available, close enough and you like it. Wasn't really sure where to look that was closest to you.

So sorry to hear about your tank and hope you get a new one you love soon.

Thankyou so much for taking the time and searching! I think I found a listing on CL for a 55 gallon for $79 so will look at it after work, if that doesnt work (the main problem will be fitting it into my car) I actually might consider the 72 gallon one, only thing I dont like is its a bowfront...who knows maybe ill like it.
post #25 of 341 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 11:00 PM
Wannabe Guru

Maybe if you can't fit the 55 in your car if they are not far they might drive it over for you.
post #26 of 341 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Well thankfully I found a replacement 55 gallon, and in addition it somehow fit in my 2-door car! I spent the majority of yesterday after work setting the tank back up but have not put the fish in the tank yet as it is very cloudy from the sand settling. Hopefully the fish will survive another day in the plastic tubes and ill will try putting them back in the tank today after work!
post #27 of 341 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 08:15 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

very nice tanks, and yeah those arent true altums. but they are beautiful nonetheless. but its altum season now. and you can pick up some true altums.
post #28 of 341 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 08:34 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

So happy you got a new tank for them!! Now no more moving furniture and talking on the phone around your tanks anymore.
post #29 of 341 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Heres a photo of the broken tank, been so busy the last few days scrambling to get and set up the new 55 gallon, im so glad this whole event is over. So far no casualty

Heres the photo of the new tank all set up.

Also heres a rescape of my 5 gallon, the scale of using the downoi kinda ruins it and you cant see the smaller rocks building up to the "Mountain/Volcano" but I didnt have anywhere else to place the downoi and it seemed to grow very well in that tank so I left it in there.
post #30 of 341 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Got some new critters!!!

Scarlet Badis! Never realized how small these fish are, I love this little guy! For now hes in the 1.5 gallon tank because its infested with little tiny white bugs which he loves to hunt.

Also got some wiled Bumblebee Shrimp, they are in the 5 gallon tank. Probably am going to stay in there.

Also nice picture I got of one of my cherry shrimp.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode