I went NUTS. Installed the zoomed 501 and the finnex planted plus AND rescaped in foresight of the new manzanita branch!
So, I tried my best to transfer media (and the bacteria) but I couldn't fit much. What I ended up doing is, I took the biowheel apart and cut up the paper and put it on top of the new ceramic media. I'm going to monitor because I'm sure I'm gunna re-cycle a bit.
I uprooted everything. I cut all the wisteria down to the health leaves and got rid of the bacopa carolina. In there right now is wisteria, a corkscrew val, some sort of plant that I really like with red under leaves that grows well in my setups and my crypts in the front left. I will be including attached to the manzanita: whats left of my anubias (I had a TON of rhizome rot, idk why but I got rid of a lot) my java moss and my small needle leaf java fern.
Manzanita branch is planning to go from back left to front right in my current plant arrangement.
PHEW. I feel so good about this. Will restock with new fish eventually.