The Planted Tank Forum banner

60p- Green Peaks

21K views 89 replies 30 participants last post by  FlyingHellFish 
#1 · (Edited)
Dragon cove is no more, new scape is up.
More of an iwagumi style utilizing wood as opposed to rocks.
Likely start as iwagumi for the moment, then later on fill the background with stems to change things up a bit.
Tank will be dry started so fissidens can attach to the wood, aiming to have it filled around xmas time.

See less See more
#7 ·
Blyxa grows well with at least 30 par, ive had it in non co2 setups as well and it does ok, grows slowly but doesnt melt.
Background is a window film tint you can buy at lowes or home depot, frosted color.

As far as the pipes, you need special s.s. bending equipment, and a welder if you want the suction cup pins. not cheap equipment but keep an eye on the sale forum, i might start making these on the side.

#10 ·
She a beau! I dig the aquascaping, especially the middle pool of HC. How you liking the Current LED+, get any pearling with the lights? I miss the shimmer effect of LEDs but can't find a nice fixture WITH a remote.

Your tank is looking sweet, very clean. Got any more pictures, close up?

#26 ·
I'm always overlooking tank journals that are very beautiful and here's another one. Very nice tank and nice choice on plants. I think some L. pantanal would look good in the back.

#31 ·
Thanks, that little middle section has been a bit hard, its not very deep so its hard to get anything to root in there but i have a few different ideas.

This is so killer. Looks like you added Toms/Fluval surface skimmer? I love those things.
Yup, i had it on originally but i had taken it off to modify the mounting a bit, i wont run a tank without them!

#33 ·
been a while, still packing in stems in the the background to make it more dense, maybe one more big trim and plant and i can start cutting for the 'bush like' effect as opposed to a hedge

Post trim 15 days ago

how its sits right now, ready for a trim, i did remove the h.c from the middle finally, fissidens mini is squashed in the s.s so that should look good in a month or so

Quick pic of my shrimp breeder tank, only a few shrimp now, mostly amanos. Want to make sure the tank is well cycled and no contaminated before adding more sensitive species.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.