The Planted Tank Forum banner

60p- Green Peaks

21K views 89 replies 30 participants last post by  FlyingHellFish 
#1 · (Edited)
Dragon cove is no more, new scape is up.
More of an iwagumi style utilizing wood as opposed to rocks.
Likely start as iwagumi for the moment, then later on fill the background with stems to change things up a bit.
Tank will be dry started so fissidens can attach to the wood, aiming to have it filled around xmas time.

See less See more
#40 ·
This has a new scape, likely start a new journal for it once i flood it, but for now its in dsm so the fissidens can attach. here are the last shots before the tank came down.

really overgrown and neglected a few weeks back

I took the myrio out while i played with new scape ideas, really brighten up the tank taking that weed out

breaking things down

Test filling, making sure everything will stay put etc.

Drained and dsm for the next few weeks.

#44 ·
went ahead and flooded the 60p earlier this week.
started getting cyano from to much moisture around the substrate so flooded it before it got out of hand, been blasting co2 + high nitrates while churning the soil every day killed it off, did a large w/c to lower nitrates and get the water params in check. luckily most the fissidens stayed attached to the wood.

#55 ·
Its just conduit from the hardware store, use standard conduit holders and screw them to the back of the cabinet. They usually sell rubber/plastic end caps that will fit the pipe so its not an open hole on the ends. Just use a conduit bender to get the shape you want, you can probably just 'borrow' the conduit bender in the store, just bend the ends of the pipe to the approximate length you need in the store, then you wont have to pay for the bender which can be expensive.

#59 ·
Your CPDs look really good, as does the whole scape. When that Cuba is grown into a thick carpet it will look really sharp. I love the choice of fish, Cuba, and fissidens, perfect plants with nice tiny leaves that are great for keeping scale in a nano scape. I have a hard time keeping plants like that free of algae. Nice work!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.