The Planted Tank Forum banner

11.4g rimless shrimp tank

4K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  Unikorn 
#1 ·
11.4 rimless 07/01/13 - WA ph 6.6-6.8 gh 2=35.8ppm kh 1= 17.9ppm nh3/nh4 0 no2 0 no3 0-5.0
Added 1 Dwarf Honey Gourami (Trichogaster chuna) to the tank.
Added 0 Neocaridina Heteropoda var. Red to the tank.

Starting it back up after moving over 3,000 miles away and mailing the shrimp.

See less See more
#3 ·
re:

The second picture is the tank right now..I am rehabing the plants and reviving the fish that did make it.

I'm not sure what type of substrate I want in the tank, any ideas?
I already have a fluval 206 and 2 sponge filters with an additional air stone for filtration.

I had to give up my 20 gallon :(
The movers packed the tank and the canister filter professionally and our stuff was driven across the country. The fish/shrimp/ plants I mailed.

I highly recommend UPS or Fedex.

The last 3 boxes I mailed using USPS were pancaked. I have around 14 fish...7 shrimp arrived alive and 4 fish. I have 5-6 bags of mystery snails..only 1 showed up. They nearly killed this bonsai tree I've had for over 5 years. They completely lost my Japanese black pine bonsai that I raised from seed, it was 2 years old.
The post office refuses to do anything about it...

#11 ·
I added 25 red cherry shrimp and received a TDS meter and kent r/o right in the mail. Dosed 2 tsp. The GH was 2. and I want it to be around 4-6ppm. TDS 86. The tap is 29.

#12 ·
07/07/2013
TAP H2O: PH 7.4
NH3/NH4 0
NO2 0
NO3 0
GH 2
KH 2

07/09/13
TDS 86PPM
TAP TDS 29PPM
ADDED 2 TSP R/O RIGHT
25 rcs
added 25 rcs

07/11/2013
TDS 433ppm?!?!
any ideas as to how to lower it safely? and slowly?

#14 · (Edited)
Did a small WC and brought the TDS down to 391. GH 4 KH 2

I mixed a little tank water with the remineralizing agents, not tap.

thanks somewhatshocked :)

I am thinking I should do small wc's over as many days it takes to bring it within normal range. Should I skip any days in between?

#21 ·
Male Dwarf Honey Gourami died :( He was my favorite fish. I'm thinking it was old age that caught up with him :/ At least I tried to give him the best life as possible...what a bummer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.