LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 02:14 AM
Wannabe Guru

Nice. Definetly strong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 02:49 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

That looks perfect. I thought it was a tank stand when I fist saw the picture. Do you know what the exact model number is on that rack? I want to be sure if I get one, it has the closest dimensions to that one. Oh yeah, and is your tank the tetra 40B or the aqueon 40B?

Last edited by kingjombeejoe; 07-04-2013 at 03:16 AM. Reason: tanks?
post #18 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 03:20 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

post #19 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 03:21 AM
Algae Grower

Very nice! Looks like it was meant to be lol.
post #20 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 03:22 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0live View Post
Item #: 319466 | Model #: MR3618BLKLB
Thanks, you are awesome!
post #21 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 03:28 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjombeejoe View Post
Thanks, you are awesome!
I failed to see the other question there so lets tone down the accolades a bit.. It's the tetra tank. I think I spotted an aquaeon I think, but its doubtful they were at sale price since they were in a different section, didn't have giant $/gal stickers on them, and the staff mentioned they only had 3 40b's left if I was buying that one (from a pallet of 4)
post #22 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 03:41 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
I failed to see the other question there so lets tone down the accolades a bit.. It's the tetra tank. I think I spotted an aquaeon I think, but its doubtful they were at sale price since they were in a different section, didn't have giant $/gal stickers on them, and the staff mentioned they only had 3 40b's left if I was buying that one (from a pallet of 4)
HA, I edited that question in after, so you may not have seen it. My petco sells both at the same sale price. I will have to check next time I'm there to see if they are the same exact size. Your still awesome I searched for a stand for my 40B for 2 months before I ended up just making one. You just made a lot of future 40B owners really happy.
post #23 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Someone else did it first. I came across a thread when researching the stand.. Let me see if I can find it.. Kinda impressive.

http://www.planetcatfish.com/forum/v...hp?f=4&t=33927

(I'm impressed I found it that quick, Since I originally came across the thread at work!)
post #24 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 03:56 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

WOW , I like this !!!!!!
post #25 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 04:07 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Someone else did it first. I came across a thread when researching the stand.. Let me see if I can find it.. Kinda impressive.

http://www.planetcatfish.com/forum/v...hp?f=4&t=33927

(I'm impressed I found it that quick, Since I originally came across the thread at work!)
That is a nice setup. I guess I need to start exploring other websites more often. I think your way is better for getting the most use out of the rack. 4 tanks instead of just 2. The only thing is mounting the lights for the top tanks if you don't use an aquarium specific fixture. I can't wait to see how this turns out.....no pressure.
post #26 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 04:12 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjombeejoe View Post
That is a nice setup. I guess I need to start exploring other websites more often. I think your way is better for getting the most use out of the rack. 4 tanks instead of just 2. The only thing is mounting the lights for the top tanks if you don't use an aquarium specific fixture. I can't wait to see how this turns out.....no pressure.
Yeah, I might do shop lights on the bottom, but there aren't 36" shop lights.. I could do staggered 24" lights..

The first thing is figuring out what is being housed where. Priority is given to my peacock gudgeons who have spawned and I should be expecting fry by the weekend. They're going to need a grow out tank pretty soon...

Then I want killies.. And electric blue rams.. And farowella's (not together, but in that order)
post #27 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 04:22 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

You may want to use sponge filters for the grow out tanks. It will be cheaper. One thing about the 40b is you need a lot of flow if you plan on planting it. I use 2 canisters with the outputs placed opposite each other to prevent dead spots. You may want to look into getting 2 canisters or a canister and a power head, if you do a planted tank.
As for the lights, if you don't mind building things (It looks like you don't mind at all) I can send you a link to a cool lighting build. I would post the link, but its on a forum that's meant for growing other "plants". I am going to be making one soon to replace my horrible lighting setup. Ugly but it works.
post #28 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 04:25 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

post #29 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 04:39 AM
Wannabe Guru

I'd be interested to check that link out to
post #30 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 06:51 AM
Planted Tank Guru

HI 0live,

just one question. were you able to slide the lower tank onto the shelf from either the sides or the front or did it have to be slid onto the shelf from above? I'm just looking at the dimensions and it seems that once the lower tank is in, its in for good unless the tank in the upper tank is torn down and removed to replace the lower one.

nevermind, followed an earlier link above and got my answer. tanks must be built into the stand.

"I am Groot", the faithful protector

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode