In my last brief update, I mentioned the NA pipes that I replaced my lily pipes with. I'm super happy I got them when I did, because now that NA has been bought out by ADG, they said they are only selling complete systems, so you can't buy these pipes anymore. For me the key selling point was that they go all the way down and into the cabinet. Because of this, I was able to ditch the clear vinyl tubing.
I don't like clear vinyl tubing, because it's hard to bend and it constantly fights to keep it's shape. It also gets gross like the glass lily pipes, so even when I cleaned the glass pipes, the vinyl still looked like crap. It's was also, for some reason, slowing down my flow by about 50%. I have since swapped back to the black ribbed fluval tubing that my pump came with. It's very easy to bend and doesn't push the pipes around, and my flow is back to being very strong again.
As for the tank, it's coming along pretty good. It's been about 2 months since I self distracted my plants, and considering that I have not added one single plant, I'd say I've done well. Every thing in there has been nursed back from death. The DHG belem is really filling out quickly now, and pretty much all of the plants that lived are now taking off. If you look at the pic below you can see it filling in the whole front area pretty well.
Here is a pic of the pipes and how they run down into my stand now. If you look at the pics I posted on November 30th, it's made some pretty good strides. I'll post some close ups of the tank in a week or so. I just trimmed and propagated them today, so it needs to fill out a little more again.