So. Been a while. and here we are today. New plants, retuned scaping, horrible failure and success.
All have been terms that could have been applied to this tank since the last update.
After I finally got everything setup well. I noticed the water one day get a little cloudy. I thought. humm strange, and let it go. the next day I could see the tank was getting a tint of green. I knew what was happening. So kicked down the light and turned off bank 2. back down to 3wpg. added some ferts and hoped for the best.
Couple days later and this is what I had.
This is after a waterchange.
So. I think to myself. what do to.....
Well obviously I've been lucky to get this much from my tank with my setup. No CO2 [censored][censored][censored][censored]ty DIY setup. Lots of plants and way too much light. Yes.. It was a timebomb.
And it blew.
So now faced with a need for a decision I made two.
1st was to get a UV filter and take care of the issue at hand. So I did so. In addition to the addition of the UV I turned the lights out for a couple days and closed up the room.
And in a couple days I had this.
Crystal clear. nicest the water has ever been. I'm sold on UV's.
But now altho this took care of the immediate need. I knew this was only a temp bandaid. So in comes decision #2. I started looking for parts. found some for cheap. slapped it toghether and now today I finally have it complete. Finally I am fininshing off this tank with pressurized CO2. If only I knew I could slap something like this toghether so easily before. ahh well..