I took a picture of the tank before leaving for an overseas business trip. It will be intertesting to compare upon return couple of weeks later.
Some updates on the tank:
1. Planted Blyxa japonica and Pogostemon helferi (I was surprised to find this at a local Petsmart).
2. Couple weeks after setting up the tank, Ludwigia repens and Bacopa caroliniana grew 4"-6" (almost reaching the water surface). I clipped and replanted a few stems.
3. Limnophila splendens "wavy" is growing some healthy offshoots from a very weak plant that it was.
4. Hydrocotyle tripartita, Lobelia cardinalis and Cryptocoryne wendtii are thriving.
5. As expected, Cryptocoryne ciliata and Cryptocoryne crispulata balansae are recovering very slowly.
6. Vallisneria spiralis also growing back very slowly after completely melting in the new aquarium water.
7. I have removed Echinodorus amazonicus with a runner and it's floating on the surface at the moment until I give it away.
8. Almost every Anubias barteri var. nana rhizome gave out a couple of new leafs and their roots are slowly attaching to the driftwood (I hope that I can remove the rubber bands soon).
9. And the most important: I added a school of Red minor tetras (Hyphessobrycon callistus). They're such a nice schooling fish, and very beautiful.
10. The water still remains slightly murky. Perhaps it's taking longer for the autotrophic bacteria to build up in the large tank.