So I thought I would not have much time to deal with this tank as my wedding is coming up (10 days). Truth be told, I am spending more time on my tanks than ever, great stress relief.
I spent more than a few hours going over just about 100% of the glass with a razor blade. I have some old brown algae that is long dead but is really tough to get off the tank. I really hate using razor blade but this tank has some bad scratches as I accidentally set up the tank backwards when I started and large slopes with Flourite have always scratched the back of my tank. I accidentally made it the front.
I am still going through minor algae problems, raising the light about 1 inch per week. I also am being under fertilized as the silicone hose I use for my autodoser has kinked. It seems the HC still carpets well with my light still coming up so I think the balance can be reached, hopefully soon.
Here is a new front pic, cell phone as usual. I did edit it a bit to show how it really looks to the best of my abilities but minor editing to a bad photo never makes it a great one.