It took forever, but it's finally filled!
Equipment hooked up, almost ready to go!
Re-starting my dry start. Initial batch of HC died, so hopefully I do it right this time! I think I'm on the right track, because the S. Repens on the right is still alive and throwing out new leaves.
Went out and bought some HC to dry start. Planted them and covered the tank with saran wrap with an opening in the back. Probably going to add a little more slope tonight..
Added some sand and hardscape. DSM Plants next!
Better photo to come... for now, here's the empty tank!
Finally, after months of drooling over everyone else's 12G long's, I finally got one of my own
I'm still trying to decide between an Iwagumi scape, a Dutch scape, and a 'stream bed' scape. Definitely going to dry start if I go the Iwagumi route.
Here is my proposed setup:
- 12 Gallon Long Mr. Aqua Rimless Tank
- Substrate: Black Diamond Blasting Sand
- Lighting: Catalina 1x39W T5HO
- Filtration: Fluval 205 w/ DIY acrylic lily pipes
- CO2: 2.5lb co2 tank, Victor DS reg, Aquamedic solenoid, Swagelok needle valve, eBay diffuser
- Fertilizers: Root tabs and EI Light
- Hemianthus Callitrichoides (HC)
- Alternanthera Reineckii 'mini'
- DHG belem
- Blyxa Japonica
- More to come...
- Celestial Pearl Danio*
- CBS, CRS, or a species of blue shrimp*
*Still trying to decide on this...