LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 04:47 AM
Algae Grower

nice build.... look great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

alright well now that about 90% of my fish died because of ich, im trying to think what i want to restock it with, does anyone have any fish in mind that would be good for in it?? please leave feed back good and/or bad
post #48 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 01:40 AM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsharp View Post
alright well now that about 90% of my fish died because of ich, im trying to think what i want to restock it with, does anyone have any fish in mind that would be good for in it?? please leave feed back good and/or bad
I just noticed you setup the tank on June 18th, and it's only the 29th today, and you've already added 45 neons plus others? It's obvious your tank isn't cycled and you can see that from the water tests. You have some ammonia and zero nitrates. I wouldn't add more fish right now, you need to give it a few more weeks, and stock gradually.

Eheim Pimp Club,# 496
25g 60-P iwagumi , 33g iwagumi cube, 125g high tech, 7g cube, 12g long
post #49 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

there was no ammonia and some nitrates, you cant see from picture 100% it changed to colors a bit....

and just becauuse it was created on the 18th, dont mean thats when the tank was filled... or anything, and it wasnt a cycle problem, the red minors brought ich in the tank with them....
post #50 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 10:53 PM
Algae Grower

Sorry about the crash. You might want to consider a complete teardown before you restock your tank. You can get a piece of plywood under the tank to even out the stresses on the bottom. A very thin piece of foam between the tank bottom and plywood may be appropriate too. It will also be easier to plant the tank when it's empty. A 10G quarantine tank may not be a bad investment either. Hindsight is always 20/20 though.
Awesome build on your tank. Not everyone has the skills to build their own tank like that. The difficulty definitely goes up with size as well. Small mistakes can become critical.
It's totally unrelated but I have to ask: What kind of cars are you playing with? In my younger days I would have killed for a shop with a hoist in it.
Rodney
post #51 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodneywt1180b View Post
Sorry about the crash. You might want to consider a complete teardown before you restock your tank. You can get a piece of plywood under the tank to even out the stresses on the bottom. A very thin piece of foam between the tank bottom and plywood may be appropriate too. It will also be easier to plant the tank when it's empty. A 10G quarantine tank may not be a bad investment either. Hindsight is always 20/20 though.
Awesome build on your tank. Not everyone has the skills to build their own tank like that. The difficulty definitely goes up with size as well. Small mistakes can become critical.
It's totally unrelated but I have to ask: What kind of cars are you playing with? In my younger days I would have killed for a shop with a hoist in it.
Rodney
yea i set up a q- tank i have over 45 tanks in the basement empty...

and what cars do i play with ummmmmm hehe 2003 cobra (9.50sec 1/4 mile car) foxbody notch back (8.50 sec 1/4 car) my jeep up on 35's, everything really haha im a welding by trade and a mechanic for a side job, i play with all sorts of fun cars from richard pettys daytona to my own jeep
post #52 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

well i got some new fish since ive last posted i got a couple of REALLY nice angle fish last night at pruess's pets

post #53 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-27-2013, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

ive been thinking, i might rescape this tank and do one big java fern in the middle (front to back and side to side) have it attached to a nice piece of wood and do some nice white sand on the bottom, im just stumped on what to stock the tank with... i almost want to do 2 stingrays and then some other fish (maybe) but i dont know any suggestions would be great
post #54 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013, 01:52 AM
Algae Grower

That's a nice build. I have a question regarding to glass thickness as I was planning on building something similar. Just love the 4x2x2 dimensions.
post #55 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Its 1/2 inch thick glass with 3 braces one in center and one in each corner they are 5.5 inches wide

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode