1st Iwagumi Mr.Aqua 17.4g DSM - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kaneohe, Hawaii
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai808 View Post
I saw two pots of HC at Coral fish today. They usually cost $8.99 for one. Try calling aquascapes to see if they have any.
hey thanks for looking out. hopefully i can get there before they're gone.
i took a look at your 12g long journal. your tank is amazing. how long did you have it in dsm? before i got this tank i wanted a 12 long mr aqua. didnt find one till after i started this one. hopefully in the future i can start one up.
Gmonsta13 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 05:29 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ameri,CA
Posts: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmonsta13 View Post
hey thanks for looking out. hopefully i can get there before they're gone.
i took a look at your 12g long journal. your tank is amazing. how long did you have it in dsm? before i got this tank i wanted a 12 long mr aqua. didnt find one till after i started this one. hopefully in the future i can start one up.
Thanks for looking! I think I had it in dsm for 3-4 months. I should have flooded it after 2 months because I went on a trip during the last month and had a lot of it die off and BGA issues while I was gone.

Hehe, I've been eyeing that 12 gallon long just sitting on it's shelf and trying to decide to get another one. You better get it before I get the funds. lol
Kai808 is offline  
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-09-2013, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kaneohe, Hawaii
Posts: 78
Gmonsta13 is offline  
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kaneohe, Hawaii
Posts: 78
Gmonsta13 is offline  
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 08:12 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Charrr89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Whitmore, Hawaii
Posts: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai808 View Post
Thanks for looking! I think I had it in dsm for 3-4 months. I should have flooded it after 2 months because I went on a trip during the last month and had a lot of it die off and BGA issues while I was gone.

Hehe, I've been eyeing that 12 gallon long just sitting on it's shelf and trying to decide to get another one. You better get it before I get the funds. lol
They have alot more available now..... I da exact same thing u did.. I bought an 11.4 gallon becuZ the 12 long I called for was sold out when I got there... But I seem one at cf yesterday. And the awesome owner at moanalua pets said he would be bringing some in because of all the requests he received..


Finnex member #14
Charrr89 is offline  
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kaneohe, Hawaii
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charrr89 View Post
They have alot more available now..... I da exact same thing u did.. I bought an 11.4 gallon becuZ the 12 long I called for was sold out when I got there... But I seem one at cf yesterday. And the awesome owner at moanalua pets said he would be bringing some in because of all the requests he received..
That's good to know. Don't think I'm ready for another tank yet. Just filled the 17 and having problems with algae even with water changes. Think ill wait till everything settles down. You should get one! Ill definitely keep up with your journal. Haha
Gmonsta13 is offline  
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 10:54 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ameri,CA
Posts: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmonsta13 View Post
That's good to know. Don't think I'm ready for another tank yet. Just filled the 17 and having problems with algae even with water changes. Think ill wait till everything settles down. You should get one! Ill definitely keep up with your journal. Haha
Sorry to hear about the DSM. Were you not seeing enough growth or is it because you replaced the dhg with blyxa? Because, it looks like the HC is still healthy.

What kind of algae are you having problems with? I would think it's brown diatoms at this stage of the tank. Try adding adding in feeder shrimp to clean up and put in some temp floating plants to soak up extra nutrients and to dim the light a bit.
Kai808 is offline  
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 03:09 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kaneohe, Hawaii
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai808 View Post
Sorry to hear about the DSM. Were you not seeing enough growth or is it because you replaced the dhg with blyxa? Because, it looks like the HC is still healthy.

What kind of algae are you having problems with? I would think it's brown diatoms at this stage of the tank. Try adding adding in feeder shrimp to clean up and put in some temp floating plants to soak up extra nutrients and to dim the light a bit.
Hey kai808. My hc started to melt. Actually my hc melted completely. Couldn't stop it. Luckily the few cuttings I put outside grew so I just threw those in and filled it. Only started seeing new leaves on the hc yesterday. Hopefully they take off but I doubt it. Majority of the hc is covered with brown algae. I have floaters and feeder shrimp in there plus a sae. Lights are on only 6 hours and I've been doing about 25% water change every or every other day. Also have a buch of random plants behind the blyxa hoping that would suck up the nutrients. Idk I suck at this. Didn't have this problem with the 5 gallon or 3 gallon I started previous to this one.
Gmonsta13 is offline  
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 09:52 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Charrr89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Whitmore, Hawaii
Posts: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmonsta13 View Post
That's good to know. Don't think I'm ready for another tank yet. Just filled the 17 and having problems with algae even with water changes. Think ill wait till everything settles down. You should get one! Ill definitely keep up with your journal. Haha
no updates??? any who… due to my moving i won't be making an actual journal till february. an ADA 60H to be exact… :]


Finnex member #14
Charrr89 is offline  
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kaneohe, Hawaii
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charrr89 View Post
no updates??? any who… due to my moving i won't be making an actual journal till february. an ADA 60H to be exact… :]

No real updates. I'm going to take it down and redo it soon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gmonsta13 is offline  
Reply

Tags
17.4, dwarf baby tears, iwagumi, mr.aqua, seiryu

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome