The Planted Tank Forum banner

Multi-tank system Journal

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  discoveringmypath 
#1 ·
Hey guys, figured I'd start keeping a journal of my progress on my rack system. I have an industrial style shelving system that I got from Lowes and I put 6 40b's on it. Here's a pic of what it looked like initially.

That was a few years ago, and since then we've moved and I ended up setting it up in my garage.

I also took a drill bit and drilled overflows in each of the tanks so they could all be on one system. As of right now though the sump is just a little 29g. I would like to go bigger but don't have a tank available that will fit the space. I may have to make something since it has to be the height of a 29 or smaller, length can be up to about 5 1/2 feet.

I'll be back to post with pics, vids, updates and changes as I progress.

See less See more
#5 ·
Lol thanks. I have a bunch of other ones, this is just the growout setup I put together. These tanks were cheap, only paid $10 each for them . I did end up resealing 3 of the ones on the rack but that was relatively easy and quick.

The other project that is going on alongside this one is outside, I have a greenhouse with grow beds both emersed and shallow culture, so I've been juggling the two. I'm really focusing on the greenhouse part for plant growth because the lighting is free, but each has it's perks.

I need to figure out a good way to keep shrimp from getting sucked into the overflows, but still allow decent flow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.