Y0uH0's 100 Gal <warning 56K> - Page 6 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Thanks alot steven. Lol,now why would it come to mind that the tank would belong to someone from Singapore? I am curious to know. haha

-Derrick Li-

I really envy my fishes and plants,they seem to be getting so much more attention than me. Shouldn't i start pampering myself a little more?

100 gal planted tank journal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Update on 06/11/06. I have sad news,apparently when i checked the nest site for the first pair of discus that spawned,all the fry had disappeared and the parents are seen to be moving away from the site. Guess all of them were eaten up. I believe the reason was because it is the first time my discus had spawned and they have been inexperienced at caring for their young. As for the other pair,I do not have high hopes that their fry would survive as well. Especially after observing that they are not as dedicated as the first pair that spawned,their chances of success appear to be much slimmer.

-Derrick Li-

I really envy my fishes and plants,they seem to be getting so much more attention than me. Shouldn't i start pampering myself a little more?

post #78 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 06:03 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Nice tank! I'm going to have a similar situation with the a lot of viewing angles for my tank, except with a room divider aquarium, I'll have 3 viewing angles to my tank so I'll be using your tank as a guide .

I notice in some of your early pictures you had an angel with your discus and I was going to ask you how they got along, but in your later pictures I don't see him/her? Do you have the angel still with the discus? My tank will also have discus in it. I've been debating about having some wild angels too, but have been getting different stories as to compatability and all.

Tina
post #79 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

tpl*co - Thanks alot for the compliment! Yeah,my tank has alot of viewing angles so it made designing really a big challenge for me .My main focus was viewing from the front and from the right side where the living room couch was. But my tank had 2 other slanted sides as you can see from the pictures. It was my parents who picked the tank because i was away on an overseas trip then and they wanted to suprise me. The tank was originally for my arowanas which have been given away and viewing angles then wasn't a problem unlike now.Hope you can get some ideas from my tank then. There are also many other much beautiful tanks here in the forum so you may want to refer to them as well.

As for my angelfish,it is no longer in my tank because it had passed on about 1mth plus ago.I had it since 5 years ago when it was only about the size of a table tennis ball. The discus are later additions in the form of juveniles. When my angelfish was still alive,it could get along pretty well with the discus though there were some mutual chasing around both on the part of the discus as well as the angelfish. But i believe this is natural,judging from the fact that these fishes are slightly territorial. There wasn't any visible damage though. I guess it is up to the individual to decide if you would want to keep them together. Some may find the occasional chasing around too much of a hostility and i am sure that there are stories out there about severe infliction of injuries. But at the end of the day,it is up to you to decide if you would like to give it a try. Similarly there have been stories of angels being incompatible with tetras but the fact is,there are still people who have had success in keeping them both together including myself,so yeah,hope that was the reply you had hoped for=)

And just to let you know,my discus are also chasing one another around,lol.

-Derrick Li-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode