Y0uH0's 100 Gal <warning 56K> - Page 3 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 79 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 06:16 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Forground kind of looks like Marsilea quadrifolia. But M. crenata or M. "minuta" will hug the ground tighter.

Three Tanks...Eheim 2128 & XP3-90G, Eheim 2128-65G, Eheim 2232-25G.... Tek 4x54 watt T5-90G, Aqualight 96watt PC 65G low tech, 65 watt Aqualight-25G.... Hydors-90G & 65G ... Flourite in 90, 65, & 25 Gallons, .... Auto Water Change/Auto dosing on 90 & 65 gallon..... AGA member......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 79 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 06:17 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Some updated pictures

Left side view of the tank: This is the view you will get upon entering my house.

Aclose up of the left side view of the tank

These are the views upon looking at the tank:
Left side

Centre

Right

Right side view of the tank:Also the view you will get when sitting at the couch watching TV

-Derrick Li-

I really envy my fishes and plants,they seem to be getting so much more attention than me. Shouldn't i start pampering myself a little more?

100 gal planted tank journal
post #33 of 79 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 06:23 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Thanks guys for the response,i searched the tropica website under marsilea and i found this plant that they have which resembled mine,not sure if it is the one,seems like though.

Marsillea hirsuta is a fascinating plant, usually delivered with leaves like a four-leaf clover. After a transitional period it develops different types of leaves, possibly a low form with single leaves like a large Glossostigma, or alternatively develop two, three or four-lobed leaves varying in height, depending on the growth conditions. Whichever form the plant adopts, it forms runners and spreads rapidly round the aquarium. The scientific name for this unusual aquatic fern has not yet been finally settled.

taken from
http://192.38.244.204/go.asp?show=tropica

-Derrick Li-

I really envy my fishes and plants,they seem to be getting so much more attention than me. Shouldn't i start pampering myself a little more?

post #34 of 79 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 06:54 AM
Planted Tank Guru

That is going to be another very nice tank. I remember it now. Such an interesting shape too. Nice terracing of the plants.

Three Tanks...Eheim 2128 & XP3-90G, Eheim 2128-65G, Eheim 2232-25G.... Tek 4x54 watt T5-90G, Aqualight 96watt PC 65G low tech, 65 watt Aqualight-25G.... Hydors-90G & 65G ... Flourite in 90, 65, & 25 Gallons, .... Auto Water Change/Auto dosing on 90 & 65 gallon..... AGA member......
post #35 of 79 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Thanks alot for your compliments,it is really very encouraging for me. It's really been a very long journey to get to where i am now. I must say that i have failed many times and everytime,a new lesson was learnt. Really learnt alot from ths wonderful forum as well. Without it,I would still have been in the dark about alot of aspects with regards to keeping a planted tank. For now,it is only the beginning.I will be keeping my fingers crossed as the tank matures.Thanks once again for the compliments.

-Derrick Li-

post #36 of 79 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 10:04 AM
Algae Grower

Your tank is looking great, YOuHO! I really like the aquascaping, you have lots of nice open swimming space for your discus. Nice job, I can't wait to see it grow in even more.
Les

Les
The title below my avatar says it all, I'm an "algae grower." *le sigh*
46 Bowfront Planted Discus Tank
post #37 of 79 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 06:41 PM
Planted Tank Guru

YouHo...looking good!
Marselia species IS four leaf clover. Emersed form is 4 leaves, sumbersed is a single round leave that runs into plantlets. I have both in my tank, although the emersed one is beginning to now shoot off the sumbersed type of leaf. It is great. Keep up the good work~

Eheim Chickie #203 Filstar Pimpette # 56
not-so-newby anymore?
90 gal acrylic, Coralife Aquapro 150x2 Metal Halides, 55x2 50/50 PC, 3 lunars, Hydor inline, 9w TurboTwist UV, Pressurized CO2, Rhinox 5000 glass co2 diffusor, Rex Grigg CO2 all-in-one, Milwaukee pH controller, 2 Eheim Pro II 2026's, Filstar XP3 backup, lilies, Eco Complete, Greg Watson dry ferts, EI mod
http://www.paparazzi-weim.com
post #38 of 79 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 06:53 PM
Algae Grower

that light colored discus (not sure what it's called) is soo pretty
post #39 of 79 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 07:45 PM
Planted Member

Is you tank kinda over stocked? I can count about 7 glass cat fishes and like 11 discuses.
post #40 of 79 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 03:48 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Firstly,thanks to everyone once again for your compliments,it's been really wonderful seeing such comments. Frankly speaking,i was expecting criticisms because the other tanks here all seem so much nicer than mine. But then i am really glad that you guys have enjoyed my tank as much as i did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh_newby
YouHo...looking good!
Marselia species IS four leaf clover. Emersed form is 4 leaves, sumbersed is a single round leave that runs into plantlets. I have both in my tank, although the emersed one is beginning to now shoot off the sumbersed type of leaf. It is great. Keep up the good work~
Yeah,haha,i just noticed that when i searched the plant species up on yahoo.So seems like it is kind of hard to differentiate the different subspecies under this family of plants.But i love this plant,it has a very unique look and if am not wrong,it is very rare in Singapore,haven't seen such plant around before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinkus
that light colored discus (not sure what it's called) is soo pretty
I bought this discus from a local LFS for a bargain,apparently,hobbyists do not fancy it as it is all white except for a slight tinge of baby blue on it's fins. The LFS called it snow white,i am not sure of the actual name though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteFishy
Is you tank kinda over stocked? I can count about 7 glass cat fishes and like 11 discuses.
I do not think that the tank is overstocked,fishes seem to be doing fine and when i tested the nitrate levels,it was well near the 0 range.Previously i used to have cardinal and rumny nose tetras in the tank as well but they have died over time due to old age.Furthermore,my LFS even suggested that i have more discuses but i did not do so as i am already comfortable with what i have now.

-Derrick Li-

post #41 of 79 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 03:08 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
I bought this discus from a local LFS for a bargain,apparently,hobbyists do not fancy it as it is all white except for a slight tinge of baby blue on it's fins. The LFS called it snow white,i am not sure of the actual name though..
i thought it might be snow white but wasnt sure...i think as it grows and its color fills in, it will look even prettier....i like them cos they look more delicate , but i dont own any (yet ) and, as far as i know, they are quite popular in the us
post #42 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 01:05 AM
Wannabe Guru

i'm loving the discus. if i didn't have the two pearl leeri gourami in my tank, i'd look to keep a pair. great job!

"Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions." - Jurassic Park
post #43 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 05:30 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Thanks alot for the compliments,my tank is currently going through a phase and i promise that updates are on the way.

-Derrick Li-

post #44 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 03:43 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to the_noobinator
i love the look of glass cats.
post #45 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Update 20/08/2006

It has been almost a month since my last update and 3 months since the tank was set up and since then,it has undergone some changes. About 2 weeks ago,my tank experienced GW and i was fighting a losing battle against it for about a week until i decided to get myself a UV light.Prior to the arrival of the UV light,i had tried in vain to wipe out the GW through several water changes. The GW just came back within a day of the water changes. I had no idea as to how the GW came about as i was not overdosing at any point of time and all the water parameters were ideal. Subsequently,after turning on the UV light for 12 hours straight a day for 4 days,the water cleared up once again.

Here are updates of the tank after the water has cleared up,i was amazed at the amount of growth that went on behind the murky green water. Pardon the image quality,i could not get my hands on the digital camera and had to settle for my camera phone instead.

Full tank view

The following shots will take you on a tour around the tank from the left side(upon entering the house) to the right side(couch area).

My slow grow,low requirement area of the tank.

I was amazed at how much the japonica and dao noi had grown.

And heres a picture of my snow white looking all puzzled as to why it's picture is being taken.

Guys,i need an ID on this plant,thanks

Hope you guys enjoyed the picture updates,feel free to comment.

-Derrick Li-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode