So, today my neighbor was planting a garden and was highly upset at the clay underneath his wood chips. I, however, was overly excited. I just so happen to have an extra rimless 20g and have been wanting to do subverting with it for a long while. So I dug through my fish closet and found half a bag of fluorite max, and half a bag of eco complete! I cloudy afford to go out and buy a full tanks worth of plants and wanted something very natural looking. So I made sure with what was in my back yard. Weeds! Weeds that flower nonetheless. Haven't ever seen this done so I'm very excited to share
now for the pictures.
1. Added the clay my neighbor gave me. Turned out to not be enough so out with a shovel I went.
2. Evened it out, made a nice layer.
3. Added the Eco Complete
4. Added the Flora Max
5-8. The "weeds" I used. The only one I know is the cat tail. The rest are just random flora I picked from my backyard that had flowers.
9-11. Finished! Kinda...
I want to fill the middle in with something. I got some riparium seeds from Hydrophyte that I have been growing and may transplant them in tomorrow. I'm afraid they aren't rooted enough for the move though. We shall see. Tomorrow I will be hanging my light, a 10000k bulb I picked up from Walmart that has been successfully growing the riparium seeds. Will DEFINITELY post updates as I fill it in. Let me know what yall think!
Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2