I was messing around with fertilizers and here are the results, my conclusion is at the end.
5 days ago, Narcosis of the leaf blade, curling of the leaves.
Today, Narcosis is still present, curling has improved.
Various stages of "older" leaves I trimmed, all from different stems.
Curling was fixed, no idea how.
Start of photo period.
One hour into photo period.
Smaller and compact growth of leaves, compare to longer and wider leaves.
Conclusion - No idea.
PH - 6.6
KH - 6
GH - 9 - 10
KNO3 - 10 ppm
The AquaSoil is 2 months old so I'm covered for the Nitrogen, I believe my problem is a shortage of trace and minerals. I don't think they are enough for the photo-period. Pearling is constant and drop checker is lime green, I can up the Co2 but I firmly believe I'm pumping a lot already. I looked at my city's water and it has a good Ca and Mg ratio. It also has nitrate a low mg/l with no phosphate. The thing that it lacks are trace. It has zero baron among other trace minerals. I have been upping my Envy dosage (trace+micro) but I see far better result from Flourish, I also use flourish in my other tanks. Thing is, I'm afraid to dose too much Flourish because it contains a bunch of other things I already have, like Iron.
1. Can higher KH cause plants to not absorb some nutrients? Or does this lay more so with high PH?
2. I see a lot of new roots growing at the node of stems plants, what could be the cause of this?
3. White roots are starting to creep up from the substrate, did I damage the root system when I planted? Is it because my substrate is too low?
4. If high KH is not a problem, how come people use R/O and aim for lower KH?
5. What are plants lacking if their leaves aim downwards?
6. Is there such a thing as light "blenching" where as the light source is too close to the plant?