FTS as of 8/27/13
So my 29 gallon has been set up since November of 2011. It's my only tank right now. At first, I had no idea what I was doing. I had a 10 gallon previously in which I had successfully grown a couple plants with no effort. Doing the same thing in a 29 gallon didn't work so well. I started out with the 1 t8 bulb that comes with the hood. Not so great. Nothing died but nothing really grew. Had that for a few months, started lurking on the forums and learning about lighting, ferts and co2. I've taken incremental steps to improve my setup since then. First I got a new light, then ferts, then DIY co2, and then recently pressurized co2. Presurized co2 has made a huge difference. DIY was such a hassle. I'm glad I did it though because it was a good process to go through. I recently got a bunch of new plants and did a bit of a rescape. I thought it would be a good time to start a journal. Here's a picture of my tank right now.
Filter: Eheim 2217. Also have Marineland Maxijet 400 powerhead for some added flow.
Lighting: Odyssea T5HO 2x24 watt. One ZooMed UltraSun bulb and one ZooMed FloraMax bulb.
Pressurized Co2: 5lb tank with Milwaukee MA957 regulator, ceramic glass diffuser.
Currently using EI dosing
Alternanthera Reineckii 'Rosaefolia'
Alternanthera Reineckii 'ocipus'
Ludwigia Repens x L. arcuata
Rotala sp. 'Yao Yai'
6 Rummynose Tetras
4 Serpae Tetras
2 White Skirt Tetras
5 Von Rio Tetras