i finally got off the bits together!
i got my pieces all put together, the intake and outflow with spraybar. i was going to build one with PVC, but i lucked out and we happended to have a black already made spray bar
i went with the black tubing to keep everything clean. i used krylon fusion to paint everything, I even painted the surface skimmer (that was grey) and the j tube that was blue.
(the spray bar)
then there is the 50lb bag of sand, which turned out to be over kill, i have about 10lbs leftover, and all the sand still in the old tank.
i just now realized that i didn't take any photos as things went together so whoops on that one. but here is the equip running over the back of the tank
i had a hell of a time priming one of the canisters. it took me about 30mins to realize that i could turn the inside of the tank tube part upward and fill it from there
so i finally got the canister primed and running. at which point i found a leak.....right here
it took 4 sealings to get the leak to stop. it was amazingly annoying. finally i just covered the freaking thing in PVC glue and it worked.
anyway it took about 5 or 6 hours get the tank all put together and not leaking. like i said this isn't what i had planned in my head but it looks great
all of that actually came from this bad boy who had been running for a year and 7 months.