I recently moved to a new apartment, and with that, I had to downsize to a smaller 30c. I started by using all the equipment from my 28 gallon and have been rapidly updating it to ADA and DoAqua gear. I switched over to these products after breaking two co2 diffusers, one of which didn't even make it into the tank before the plastic failed.
After that disappointment I started down this road by buying a simple, yet expensive, doAqua diffuser. I quickly fell in love with the look and quality of this product. My ADA product list quickly grew to what you see in the pictures.
Tank: 30c 7.2 Gallon
Light: ADA Aquasky 17W
Filter: Fluval 206
Heater: Hydor 200W 5/8" fitting (Perfect match for the Fluval hose replacement)
CO2: Green leaf Supreme CO2 Regulator + 10lb tank
Diffuser: DoAqua Music Glass Mini 10mm dia
Pipes: DoAqua Violet Glass Mini Outflow 10D + Violet Glass Mini Inflow 13D
Control and Timers: Custom Built Arduino based temperature and PH controller
My first goal with this tank was to provide a more compact living space for my existing fish which includes 7 neon tetras and 3 oto's. My second goal is to build an established setting with great water conditions for CRS shrimp. My third goal is to have an aquascape worthy of at least submitting to competition without embarrassment.
Below are some iphone pics of my progress, and of course, fish tank equipment porn. Higher quality pics to follow.
Old and new size comparison
Goal 1 done.
So for my first step of goal 2 and 3 was to build a nice wood centerpiece with some emerged branches. This happened about 2 weeks after the first couple images. For those of you that were wondering about the growth potential of the Aquasky, you can see how my tank was being consumed by the fast growers. I'm going to put tree to tank in a couple days. I would like to thank Complexity for this post on how to build this. I didn't have to use hot glue, but I started with a piece of slate (2$), I drilled it out using a masonry bit. I smashed it with a hammer to get a 4" x 4" piece of rock. I then drilled two more screws and put it all together.How to Make a Manzanita Driftwood Centerpiece