I missed having my planted hobs on here, so I decided to raise the light and put the hobs back on. I figured that since I had to add screen to cut the light intensity that this would be killing two birds with one stone. Right now there are just a couple clippings of pothos and pilea, but I think I'm going to add back in most, if not all, of the giant pile of pothos I had in there before. It looks nice, but it makes the hobs hard to clean. Hopefully the light works out for both the hob plants and the the tank itself. It's been like this for about a week and so far so good. Some good news and some bad news on the algae front. I think since I refused to scrape the GDA that it went through it's lifecycle (is that what it's called?) and is finally going away. Weird clean holes started popping up here and there and then the snails finally started eating it, which they never did before. It's almost gone now, especially on the front glass. However I noticed that in addition to the hair/thread algae that I knew I had in my moss there is a little bit of... staghorn? It's only one or two spots on the wood as far as I can tell.
I took the fish out too. As much as I like having fish in my tanks I got some new shrimp from somewhatshocked today and I didn't want them picking on the smaller ones. I'm undecided on what I'll do from here. Knowing me I'll throw them all back in at the first sign of a nematode. The new shrimp all arrived safely. No DOAs and so far everyone is doing well in the tank.
Time for a couple pictures. The new light and filter setup:
And a couple of the shrimps:
ETA: Just to clarify, I didn't lose my other CRS. I just couldn't pass up a deal and wanted to add to the ones I already had. I have probably around 25 or so in there now. Good thing I ordered these when I did too. Over the weekend we had a $500 vet bill and had to buy a new computer. There's no way I would have gotten them after that!