So today I went out to purchase some driftwood and a light, the first things on my list.
I ended up only getting driftwood, and have decided to get a light off Ebay
My driftwood, a centrepiece for the tank:
Anyway, I got my new centrepiece of driftwood home, only to find that it didn't fit through the damn glass support thing on top of the tank. So after some umm'ing and arr'ing. I decided the only way was to cut the driftwood smaller to fit into the tank.
I cut of as little as I could:
And we're in!:
Let's just hope that small piece doesn't decide to float.
I also had a look around for some cave type ornaments, but could not find any that I liked. My Red-tailed shark LOVES caves, and the Crowntail Betta also loves finding a dark spot to sleep in. So caves in my tank are a must. I'll have to search some other shops soon.
So I'll check driftwood of my list, here is my list, if you can think of anything that I have missed let me know, I'm still new, so I'm sure to have left something out:
1. Driftwood - Purchased
2. Light - 90cm. Will buy on Ebay
3. Heater - 300W, Will buy on Ebay
4. Filter - 1000 liters per hour minimum. I have not decided between an internal underwater filter or a hang on yet. Will buy on Ebay.
5. Rock - Might actually have some decent decorative rock around the house that I can use.
6. Caves - Caves for my fighter and shark.
7. Substrate - I'm thinking a black sand type substrate.
8. Power Board - for all these power outlets.
9. Carpet Plant - Have not decided on what plant to use for a carpet in tank (any ideas?)
10. Other plants - Any other plants I want to plant in tank.
11. Bottom Feeders - I want some bottom feeder fish, to help clean my tank (any ideas?)
12. Other fish - I have my eye on a few other fish that will be going into the tank.
So I am buying piece by piece, and thats basically what I am going to get, unless I see some other cool stuff or have some more ideas.