WP's 10 gal - Seasons of a Planted Tank (256k!!) - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 05:26 AM Thread Starter
Are these real?

Thanks all for your kind comments! Ted, I'm the same way... could stare at it for hours! Ask my wife Oookay, gotta go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 01:07 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Gorgeous, WP...I love the lush green. It is quite captivating. I am just over the cycle stage, into the grow like a jungle stage, right beofre the aquascape stage.

Eheim Chickie #203 Filstar Pimpette # 56
not-so-newby anymore?
90 gal acrylic, Coralife Aquapro 150x2 Metal Halides, 55x2 50/50 PC, 3 lunars, Hydor inline, 9w TurboTwist UV, Pressurized CO2, Rhinox 5000 glass co2 diffusor, Rex Grigg CO2 all-in-one, Milwaukee pH controller, 2 Eheim Pro II 2026's, Filstar XP3 backup, lilies, Eco Complete, Greg Watson dry ferts, EI mod
http://www.paparazzi-weim.com
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

very very nice=) it is really amazing to see how a tank transforms over time
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Are these real?

Thank you Ladies and Gents for the kind comments!

It sure is interesting to follow an aquascape over the years. I need to dig out some of the photos from the tanks I had as a kid, some 25 years ago. That would be a blast.

Lynn, it is always good if you can skip the "algae stage". The "jungle stage" stabilizes a tank, then you can start pulling out plants and replace fast with slower growers without bad surprices.
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 06:55 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasserpest
Thank you Ladies and Gents for the kind comments!

It sure is interesting to follow an aquascape over the years. I need to dig out some of the photos from the tanks I had as a kid, some 25 years ago. That would be a blast.

Lynn, it is always good if you can skip the "algae stage". The "jungle stage" stabilizes a tank, then you can start pulling out plants and replace fast with slower growers without bad surprices.
Well I can thank the likes of you for passing that stage. I did have Dust and GW but within 3 days my UV got rid of it. I use it only on occasion. After all of my research and reading, I learned to just grow and cycle with fish and grow more before thinking about the aquascape, so that is the ugly stage I am in. My link to pictures is in the general forum, so you can take a look and see how icky it is lol
Anyway, nice job WP. That is a nice look, and I love the moss, and so will my shrimpys.

Eheim Chickie #203 Filstar Pimpette # 56
not-so-newby anymore?
90 gal acrylic, Coralife Aquapro 150x2 Metal Halides, 55x2 50/50 PC, 3 lunars, Hydor inline, 9w TurboTwist UV, Pressurized CO2, Rhinox 5000 glass co2 diffusor, Rex Grigg CO2 all-in-one, Milwaukee pH controller, 2 Eheim Pro II 2026's, Filstar XP3 backup, lilies, Eco Complete, Greg Watson dry ferts, EI mod
http://www.paparazzi-weim.com
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 12:33 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Send a message via AIM to A Hill
great looking tank!

I LOVE MOSS!!!

lol my 10g is very similer to yours... all moss pretty much, just not scaped the same, and diffrent mosses... one of my most "rare" is strimgy moss... i don't know many people who have it. i also have this un IDed moss i collected in main. really cool HUGE leaflets...! and its just really starting to take off... wierd moss =-\

tank looks great! nice to see another person who likes their mosses!

- fish newb
post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 04:19 AM Thread Starter
Are these real?

post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 09:27 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Send a message via AIM to A Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasserpest
Thanks Fish, we should do a moss-swap.
we should! sooner or later. im growing out some stringy moss.... its "almost" to the top of my tank. once that happens i have a feeling it will mostly be for sale or trade. i need to get some room back in my 10g.. then i have this HugE piece of driftwood in the tank that i got from Florida... i think its a palmtree piece lol its really cool... covered that with moss and thats growing out now too... i think since im getting out of school wensday ill be going thru some local streams and stuff looking for new plants. so ill have to make some room soon!

good luck!

(i have to say i dont have any of the more normal mosses... i think my really wierd moss could be a form of willow but if it is it is NOTHING like it.)
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 06:27 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Not to dig up a very old post, but...what rocks/stones did you use for that mountain scape? Looks great.

edit: Found out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasserpest View Post
Rocks from mountains closeby
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 06:13 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

sweet tank mate
i love the little tree
i sent you a pm
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 03:55 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

this is ridiculously good. honestly, my mind was just blown. ive got a long way to go with my 10g! lol

Wilson
10g Globe l'Attente - As of 8/10, gone nano-reef!
46g High-Tech, last updated 1/14
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 01:37 PM
Algae Grower

1) that looks more like 20-30 gallon rather than a ten
2) eventhough though all the plants are green, the different textures and shapes of the various plants gives a great visual diversity
3) Last but not least, THATS ONE AWESOME TANK!
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Are these real?

Thanks for your kind comments. I can't believe it has been 2.5 years since I last updated this thread. Time flies...

Here is a more recent (a year old) shot of the tank:

I changed the lighting a bit, less light, less heat, even less growth, but it all balanced out after a while.

Its days are counted though... I am working on a large double tank project for my garage, and once that is completed, I am planning to take down this tank to reduce maintenance time and size of my desk.
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 09:02 PM
CL
C-A-T-S

Nice tank! I can't believe that it is only a 10 gallon tank. 'Bout time for an update

post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Planted Member

If I might ask how did you go about constructing the christmas tree moss in the shape of a tree? THX

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode