Current FTS (2013/05/03)
So I took the 8g Ebi down about 6 or 8 weeks ago and moved everything to my new 20g! And I splurged on a 24" Finnex Fugeray fixture as a late Christmas present to myself at the same time.
And being the scatterbrain I am, I only documented about half of the process with pics because I'd keep forgetting to take the damn things.
-Fluval 105 filter (with DIY spraybar)
-24" Finnex FugeRay LED fixture
-100w Eheim Jager heater
-Flourite Black substrate with root caps spread throughout
-Boraras brigittae (chili rasboras)
-Microdevario kubotai (emerald rasboras)
-Pseudepiplatys annulatus (clown killifish)
-A plethora of RCS
-Turbo the Mystery snail
-4 or 5 horned nerites
-Some Malaysian trumpet snails
-Crypt wendtii 'Red'
-Crypt wendtii 'Tropica'
-Crypt wendtii 'Green gecko'
-Java fern 'Trident'
-Java fern 'Narrow'
Tank's water tight!
Bucket of plants #1 from the Ebi's tear down
Everybody's temporary home on my nightstand
15 chili rasboras and a buttload of RCS in a bucket. Consider myself lucky to have lost only 3 shrimp and 2 chilis during the few days they had to live in there.
The old DIY spraybar made out of 7/8" pipe (was the smallest I could find at the time) from the Ebi; big, clunky and blocked out a lot of light.
New spraybar, spray-painted, 1/2" pipe and fitted to the length of the tank
One of about 1,000 practise shots I took trying to find the right combination of branches and placement
Made the branch hardscape by following a guide here on TPT. Drilled through a slate tile, screwed the branches into it and used some hot glue to act as a shim and hold them nicely in place.
I absolutely loved the colours and texture on this piece, and HAD to find a way to work it into the tank.
So, flame moss and anubias nana it is!
How the tank looked about 20 minutes after finishing planting and filling it.
I used all the substrate, as well as the filter and all the media from the Ebi, plus most of the water from the temporary bucket home for an instant cycle
The tank somewhere around 3-4 weeks ago
I moved the tank up onto this shelving unit (instead of the nighstand to it's right) 2 weeks after setting it up because I was tired of having the tank by my knees and only being able to look at it lying down in bed. (I stood on it and danced around a bit and it didn't budge, but I reinforced it anyways with a bunch of 2x4s.)