I finally completed the listing of the equipement i will use for this project... maybe 1 or 2 tweeks in the coming days, but i placed most of my orders!!!
items marked with
are those that i will confirm later.
First the tank:
- Blau Aquaristic 36''x20''x20'', 230L
- Blau Aquaristic stand 36''x20''x32''
- Milwaukee Regulator with Solenoid Vavle, Needle Valve and Bubble Counter
- 10lbs tank
- Milwaukee pH Controller & Monitor – MC122
- Drop check
- Fertilization with dry fert, but don't know wich one yet, i still have time befre everything comes together.
- Maxspect R420R Razor 160 watt 8k
after looking around, the cheapest 4x39w T5HO were 300++$ +4x35$ for giserman bulb, for the difference in price, i decided to go with the LED option hoping for the longterm saving. I did looked at the Blau, ATI and Aquatic life T5HO fixture.
We can change LED on that fixture to reach 6500k instead of 8000k, even at 8000k i saw pretty nice result in showroom.
and i must say that the Razor looks awesome!! and it pass the 'wife test'
I also look at the build my led stuff, but not sure...
- Blau Aquaristic Influx and exflux, 13mm
- Hydor ETH 300 In-Line Heater - 5/8" - 300 W
Aquascaping / Hardscaping:
My inspiration will be the following:
- Nature's Chaos from the Green Machine
- Green Leaf Aquarium, first picture in their photo gallery:
I really like the effect on the rocks.
I plan on using Dragon stones, i really like the looks of the stones. Maybe a piece of driftwood, but not sure yet. If the dragon stones comes out to dark once wet, i may switch to lighter colored rocks... i really hope i find what i want!!
The Aquascaping makes me nervous, it's my first big projet.
- Monosolenium tenerum or Riccardia chamedryfolia, to be use on the main rocks of the scape.
probably going with the monosolenium.
- Staurogyne repens
- Alternanthera reineckii 'Mini', for a red touch in the mid-ground
- Pogostemon erectus
- Alternanthera reineckii 'Purple' or Rotala wallichii , a higher red plant for the back ground
Carpet to be decided in the following options:
- Utricularia Graminifolia
- Eleocharis sp. 'mini'
- Hemianthus callitrichoides 'Cuba'
I will start with heavy planting with stems plants i have to allow a fish in cycle than remove them once cycled. I will also prime my new filter / filter material in my other tank.
I will post picture when my stuf will arrive
Quantity may change once i see the real size of the tank
- Oto: 6-10
- Cristal Red Shrimp: a bunch... 10-20.
- Panda Cory: 6-10
- a big shoal of micro fish: rasboras or tetra, i must do the math, not sure how many i can stock to avoid over stocking!!
if i have room for more, i would like to had some mid size fish.