The Planted Tank Forum banner

Mr Aqua Rectangle 17.4G Frameless

5K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  blue1delta 
#1 ·
Ordered

Tank- Mr Aqua Rectangle 17.4G Frameless.

Filter- EHEIM CLASSIC EXTERNAL CANISTER FILTER 2211

Light Fixture- 24 in. AquaSun T5 HO Double Light Linear Fluorescent Hood -

Light Bulbs- 2 Flora Sun Max Plant Growth T5 HO Fluorescent 24W/5000K/24 in

Substrate-Eco Complete Planted Aquarium Substrate - 20 lb.

#4 ·
Sorry I have not kept this thread up to date. The driftwood didn't work because I coudn't keep it secured so I put in some smaller pieces from my 55G. I have planted it and I'm seeing some good growth. I currently only have a betta in the tank here are some shots of him.

Attachments

#6 ·
With regards to the big driftwood you removed, did you try using one or two large suction cups attached with screws to the bottom of the wood? I have had good luck with that for very large(over 18") pieces before.

#7 ·
I thought about it... I might try it later on. I like the big piece of driftwood on my coffee table and I'm hoping I'll be happy with how it looks when the plants grow in.

#8 · (Edited)
added some things

wanted to update

1 Zebra Nerite Snail

7 Zebra Dannios

7 Cardinal Tetras

Attachments

#9 ·
changed the layout a little hoping the java and african ferns will get going on the wood and that the grass will spread across the front.

Attachments

#10 ·
Update

got some good growth 4 neons survived, 2 nerites, and countless small mystery snails

Attachments

#11 ·
update

I wanted to update
some new inhabitants

Attachments

#15 ·
Great news I found the balbuti shrimp pictured above is berried! The other day I saw one of my blue bees was berried. That means I have managed to get all three species to breed in this tank! My blue velvets have gone from four to a few dozen with 4 berried females that are soon to hatch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.