My back isn't the greatest and I have thrown it out twice now in the last couple of months, once planting glosso (bending over long period) and once filling buckets so needless to say I needed a water changing system.
I rummaged around the old fishroom gear and didn't really find anything applicable and of course I would not go out and just buy a python like a normal person, not when I can spend a lot of extra money and DIY something lol. Anyway this thing works with garden hoses (drinking water safe of course) and is adaptable between my kitchen faucet and kids bathroom upstairs for Thor's tank:
So after the 46 gal tank reset and changing out the substrate I have had a brown diatom bloom like a new tank. The glosso really took a hit on this as it wasn't growing great anyway (vertical with ratty bottoms) until I got the new light. BBA has reappeared on wood and rock, I have admittedly been inconsistent with the CO2 with fish additions and various screw ups and brain farts. Been adjusting on it too much, I have infinite control over my bubble count but seem to fat finger between dark green and gasping fish. i am trying to be more patient.
Also I wasn't sure how old my ferts really were or how long they are good for so I decided to take that out of the equation and order some dry ferts and then mix my liquids once I get it down better. I was following another local knucklehead (j/k lol) on his EI figuring he had some secret to our local water but turns out he was doing it that way for a reason and I have prob been low on K. Back to basics here.
Sorry for the cell pics, I promise I will get the good camera out when I have something better to show. I decided to hold off on ordering a bunch of fancy stems until I get everything balanced out. I did get some crypts and hydrocoytle to go under the driftwood. Hopefully the glosso will come around. The stems in the back left and right are the ludwigia and bacopa from LFS I am using until they get replaced with something more exciting. I topped and replanted them short to get a jump on the diatoms.
You can see the mist from my atomizer, yeah getting tired of that, am thinking about a cerges but space is running out in this weenie stand. Anyway got some pearling going on now and no fish gasping so I think I am getting closer here. Turns out my powerhead was a 240 GPH, upgraded that to a 600.
Maybe you heard Petsmart had a sale on rams lol. Anyway here you can see the crappy glosso beat down from diatoms and burrowing cories. In the top area of this pic I planted it deeper and toward the bottom I cut it back pretty good, you can see some new leaves coming out. Trying different stuff here, I will have a glosso carpet yet.
Will try to get an update on Thor's 29 this weekend, thanks for looking.