Hhmmm, maybe it's time to do some thinning

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Buck 
#1 ·
My over grown 90

#2 ·
Ya think? Man thats lots of growth!

Mike

#4 ·
I started with 10 corkscrew vals in front. Now there is about 150 and still going. There is jungle val that starts from the left rear and goes all the way across the top and back. So I'm guessing they are about 8 to 10 feet long now. I started with 5 of those and now there are about 30. My crypts, the tall one with skinny leaves dead center, I started with 3 and they were about 4 to 6 inches tall are now all to the surface and have sent out lots of runners. I now have about 15 of those. It's amazing what CO2 will do even with only 4 40 watt tubes.

#10 ·
Get some plant devouring snails, or some plant eating fish. It is not like you have to worry about them stripping your tank bare.

Better yet, how about wrapping them up and selling them to your local fish stores... Turn your expenses into profit, or at least trim your expenses enough to break even. In the process you would be helping those without a green thumb get some enjoyment from your gain.

#11 ·
Zurp said:
Better yet, how about wrapping them up and selling them to your local fish stores... Turn your expenses into profit, or at least trim your expenses enough to break even. In the process you would be helping those without a green thumb get some enjoyment from your gain.
Yeah I took alot to my LFS and they gave me a $40 store credit

#14 ·
Heh.... that is some Val :D

I really like the looks of the Vals in a tank. Its just such a natural looking plant and there is a version of Vallisneria or a similar looking variety found in all bodies of water , salt and fresh, all over the world !

Great photo bro...

By the way... have I ever told you guys that I love Balansae's ? :proud:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.