First Tank Ever - Planted Fluval Spec III (56k Warning - Pics)
So I've decided to do my first Tank Journal with my planted Fluval Spec III! This is my first and only aquarium as of right now, although I have plans for a larger tank in the works. This tank originally had white gravel, no plants, and a Betta Splendens. It got through the cycle and he lasted about 2 months in the tank before jumping out while I was asleep (RIP: Muertos). I decided to take the tank in a different direction, tore it down, and added the Fluval Stratum, driftwood, and Cherry Shrimp. This thread is to keep track of this tank's progress.
Fluval Spec III (2.6 Gallons)
- Microsorum pteropus (Java Fern)
- Taxiphyllum barbieri (Java Moss)
- Elocharis acicularis (Dwarf Hairgrass)
- Fluval PCL-13
- CO2 (Fluval 88 with glass bubble counter and diffuser?)
Current Full Tank Shot (04/13/2013):
- 02/06/2013 - Finally getting over a bad batch of black beard algae
- 02/17/2013 - Added Red Cherry Shrimp (4)
- 04/07/2013 - Added Red Cherry Shrimp (2)
- 07/11/2013 - Moved tank to my office
Last edited by defender.TX; 07-23-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Reason: Added current FTS