Another day, another part of the build. Today was the start of the suspended canopy. I actually made way more progress then I was expecting.
I assembled the canopy frame, painted it, and attached the acrylic shield under the bottom. I'm a little nervous about the strength of the acrylic however, so I may install some strapping to prevent bowing in the middle. Overall it went pretty smoothly.
Here is the semi-finished product:
As you can see, I managed to cram all of my LED arrays in there after all. I managed to get the simu spots in there as well, so I have everything I wanted in here.
There are 11 Cooling fans for the LED's. More fans, running at lower RPM is actually quieter then higher speed fans. These are pretty quiet considering.
I've used terminal strips to attach all of the wiring connections. The red and Black wires are the fan power, and white and black wires are the LED's. This will allow me to detach the LED's from the drivers relatively easily if I have to do any maintenance. The drivers and fan power supplies are not connected in this image, they will mount to the upper terminal positions.
Profilux Touch mounted on the front right side, ready for action and displaying tank stats.