The bad news:
Some of my plants (most noticeably the Cabomba) seem to have sections that kinda turn to mush for lack of better term. I have no clue what could be causing this. I don't overdose Excel, don't think there are any plant killing things in the tank, and they are well fertilized. Still, I think I may cut out Excel until the CO2 is running.
Also, I've been rubbing gray algae off my banana plant and trying to get it off of some other plants as well. Once again, can't wait for CO2 to be up and running.
And finally, algae is getting worse and worse, lots of spots, and I hope it doesn't get out of hand before CO2 is added. I think I'll raise the light in the meanwhile to help with this.
The good news:
I didn't realize the regulator had actually come with a check valve, but I figured the one I have is newer and bigger, so clearly it must be better...
In any case I just threw some parts together, didn't seal anything yet, especially important as I need my solenoid between the two parts now assembled.
Overall I'm really worried about my tank health. I just finished cycling ammonia and now it's onto monitoring nitrite, so on the fish side of things it's good, but I'll be hoping for some great overall improvement on the plant side of things once my CO2 starts up.