Planted Tank Guru
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chattanooga, TN
EH, quick update here, this past tuesday the last piece of wood finally sank enough to roll over and be situated on the substrate the way i wanted.
I removed some Blyxa and have made it more of a centerpiece. I'm not too sure how i feel about it yet, but things may go more to my liking after things fill in.
Ludwigia got wacked and looks pretty haggard right now. It needs a good prunning and shaping which I have not had the time for.
Cuba got trimmed back hard. It had lots of side shoots so in the next few weeks i'll have a huge stand of it beside the rotala colorata. Persicaria Kawa also got trimmed and moved into a better lighted area so it should come out nicely.
I've had a little trouble with hygrophilia araguaia. I believe its just not in the right spot, too much light and not enough flow. i've set it inbetween the 3 small pieces of wood on the left side. It'll get a little shade and is more directly in the path of water movement. it should bounce back quickly there.
Ludwigia senegalensis is a nice plant. im starting to like it more as it bends away from the light and sends out new shoots. odd for sure since its probbaly 14 inches frm the light..
my star repens has been picked at by my loaches so i trmmed it down and replanted in a brighter area which thye generally stay away frm.
i started a small strand of DHG in the front. we will see how it does, very high flow area but i don't want it to get entangled with blyxa roots, which at this point is very likely.
over all i'm pleased as long as thigns go the way i plan, i also did a slight overflow box mod which is pretty cool. i'll show that one later!