10 gallon tank
Tank: marineland 10 gallon with glass top canopy
Substrate: CaribSea super natural sand
HOB: AC 20
Sponge filter: seapora 30
I recently got a 10 gal, and I have a couple questions.
1. I want it placed on my table, and in hindsight, 5.5gal would be better, but a 10 gal would be more standard for future purposes. Any ways, I want it on the side of the table, but the problem is that the bed is right next to it as well. Will there be a problem as the HOB and air pump will be making a constant vibration? If I just slept on the other side of the bed, would it be fine? By the way, I tried placing the tank horizontally, but the front is sticking out a lot and doesn't make use of space as much.
2. I have a BN pleco in my 29 gal with about 10 painted reds (can't tell if they reproduced because it's too planted to find them all). Should I move him to this tank, get more shrimp to place in this tank, or get a betta?
- I like plecos
- The pleco will be VERY hard to find as he's very shy
- I need to do more water changes than any other fish because they produce a lot of waste
- I need to buy driftwood for the pleco's good health
- I've always wanted a betta
- I will free him from a small container
- They do well in solitary
- I need to buy a heater for optimal conditions
- They don't need as much care as a pleco or betta
- They will repopulate
- Can just combine with original population when moving out
- Need to buy driftwood to fill space
3. I got the HOB used. For filter media, I put some filter floss at the bottom, biomax in the middle, and filter floss on top. Should I get purigen for the HOB?
4. The tank is still cloudy from adding water to the tank. If I run the HOB, would the water settle faster?
5. Do I need to get a light fixture if I just have low light plants? Lights in my room will be on for at least 5 hrs. I could also turn on that desk llight next to the tank.