After losing all but one species of stem plants, I decided to go a different route with my 55. Not that I had much choice. Yesterday I got a box of dead fish and my center brace broke causing a small leak in the bottom left corner. Luckily I had an empty 55 in storage which I had to go pick up and swap all the contents of the leaking tank. After all that was said and done, my bed frame broke. What crappy day.
However, I did get to do a rescape that I was planning on for a couple months now, if a little prematurely. I will probably tweak I little here and there, and I still have more crypts im trying to decide if I should/could use, but not bad for something thrown together in such short notice. The fissidens needs to grow in more before I remove the thread. That was the only color I had, even if it stands out like a sore thumb. I wish I could afford a new substrate but it is what it is for now.
Danios and rasboras
Crypt keei maybe some others
L. brevipes x lacustris
Locally collected stones
I was going for a fallen tree look, epiphyte laden and such. Looks better in person, but then again so does everyone's tank. I think it look awesome if there was a carpet, but im not set up for growing anything that typically is used as a carepet plant. Maybe some type of stem like hygro compacta or rotala or something could be used.
Crappy phone pic, gonna get some better ones today.