The Planted Tank Forum banner

Desyx's 75 gallon dirted

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Desyx 
#1 ·
My tank was originally a reef. Tank but thanks to hurricane Isaac causing an 8 day power outage and me working for the local power company i was unable to come home and check on things it crashed. long story short i went freshwater and cycle it. Never threw stock in it and found out about planted tanks, next best thing to coals with less headache. Today i and taking the rock and sand out and putting clay and organic miracle group in. I will take pics and update as i go. Here's hoping for no issues.
Before pic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

See less See more
#3 ·
Gravel in and amazon sword and java fern in for now. Also changed bulbs in fixture to freshwater bulbs. I do much more like this like on brown gravel then the white sand and super bright light. Two overheads are on to help circulate the water and help clear it up from debris. Will probably come out oncessation things settle down. Pipe in back is for my marble eel im thinking of putting in there since i don't plan on using any small fish.

#5 ·
Was way too much flow with the powerheads and it was beating up the two plants so i removed them. tank was already cycle before and i saved most the water so i could not resist throwing my eel in there. I don't mind.changing 5 gallons a.day out. Tomorrow im going drifted hunting along the Mississippi river and ill be buying some more plants. I am also probably going to make a dying spray bar cuz my 900.ph pump in my sumptuous is going to be too much when i get more stuff in.the tank.

#6 ·
ok got some updates. first some pics of the tank then its two inhabitants until next payday. had to promise wife i would not go haywire and with my constant urge to fiddle with a tank i go slow with additions so i get the feeling i am always doing something to it. bricks will come off driftwood as soon as it stays down. sucker wanted to hover like half an inch above gravel and float around.

#10 ·
ok changed some things up a bit. that wood was leaking way too much tannis in the tank so i got it soaking in a tub in the yard till it decides its done. added a few more plants and one fish. gave the eel its own tank so i could have more freedom with livestock. still kind of regreting the geophygus cuz id love some shrimp but he is pretty cool in his own way. probably a couple more plants from having it completed in that aspect then i can deal with livestock. added a clown loach but he is to shy to get a pic of. eventually when i walk in front the tank he wont hide. tank is in living room so he has no choice but to get used to everyone. let me know what yall think. oh and small battle with a little black algea on the anubis but its starting to clear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.